Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Razz2o4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Potty training issues
    I recently bought an Olde English Bulldogge, and am having some potty training issures. Toby is 12 weeks old going on 13 weeks. We picked him up on Saturday. My wife and I both work, I leave for work at 5 and get home at 3:15, and my wife leaves at 7 and gets home at 4:30. Normally he can not make it all through the day, that is understandable, and I have someone that is going to start coming to the house around 11:00 to let him out. My problem is, we are having a rough time getting him to poop. He will go out and within the first 2 minutes he Pees. We normally take him out every 45 min for about 10-15 min once we are home. When he eats we take him out soon after, but just pees. He has pooped in the house 3 times. Once right in front of me, and he started and mid poop I picked him up and carried him outside, I did not scold him but simply took him outside, I did not want to scare him into not going, he simpply pulled it back in and didn't go for about another 3 hours. After he ate last night my wife and I kept taking him out last night numerous times with no such luck. I took him out twice this morning and he peed for me twice in a 50 min time with no luck of pooping.. She fed him at 5, and took him out immediately, and did nothing, came back in she got a shower, and took him back out, peed for her and that was it. They came back in and she got dressed and no more than 10 min of being in the house, he peed in the office and pooped in fron of the TV. Anyone have idea's?? I'm trying to be patient as patient as possible as I know he is a puppy and just starting to learn.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 05:16 AM
    Read through the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251809 Housebreaking goes much better if you take the puppy out at the right time. Still, sometimes you do have to decide it has been a while and take it out too. One of the things about bowel movements is exercise. When I have my puppies out, I have learned to never just park the car, stop by the grass and go in some public place. I walk around the parking lot until they have a bowel movement, or sometimes conclude it is safe to go inside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog potty training issues [ 2 Answers ]

I've posted on here with very similar issues and they continue. Our 7 month old las shepherd mix will not go potty out side we can walk around for over an hour and she refuses to go then as soon as we are back inside she goes pee and poop on the carpet. We used to have a doggy door that she used...

Potty training [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a year old mini dacshund and he is not potty trained, he refuses to do his poopies outside. We do have him in a crate and he goes for a long period with not accidents in there and we take him right outside and he won't go. We have disciplined him for this much, even put him back in...

Potty training [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how I can start potty training my 20 month old daughter I Need help with it she will sit down with a diaper on and say potty but then I will take off her diaper and she won't go its getting frustrated what can I do

Potty Training [ 2 Answers ]

My female miniature daschund has been with me for 1 month. My mom think scolding her and spanking her is how you train a dog. Whenever she comes in the house she eventually pees or poops if we don't get her outside imeditly. She is always desperate to find a way inside the house or she begs at the...

Potty training [ 1 Answers ]

I got my miniature dashun in the winter. When I got home the dog did have some accidents on the carpet then we tried bringing her outside and she would do her bussines outside sometimes. Then when it got really cold she stopped and we got the puppy training pads. Until now she knew that she had to...

View more questions Search