Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1disatisfiedowner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 10:42 PM
    Kenmore Elite Calypso - doesn't get clothes clean and just reeks!
    We have a Kenmore Elite Washer with Calypso wash motion, model 110.21062000. It seems to run through all of its normal cycles, but the water that stays in the tub under the basket reeks, like old wet mop rags that have sat too long in a dark place. I mean, my wife made me take it outside reeks. She has spent lots of money flushing it through extended spin cycles with Febreeze in the detergent, bleach, etc, but nothing seems to kill the smell. The clothes that come out of it are dirtier than what went it, and definitely smellier.

The washer also just doesn't get clothes clean. I not sure it ever has. It is an HE washer, and I think the whole Calypso wash motion concept was not well tested before the marketing guys pushed it out the door. We've actually had batches that look like they were not rinsed, and still have visible soap on the clothes, even after using the second rinse. The pump does work however, and agitation noises come from the machine on the wash cycle, and it seems to spin OK. It this just a design problem, or are there other diagnostic steps we can take to figure out if this washing is worth saving?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Remove the hoses from the pump to verify no blockage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite calypso code ld [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to solve code LD on my kenmore elite calypso washer?it kept stopping.today I had to vacuum the water out.

Kenmore Elite Calypso Washing Machine, Model number 110.2206 [ 4 Answers ]

Would you please help me with the following issue? My washer is not draining, nor is it spinning. There is a lot of water collected at the bottom and I can't drain or spin? I try to restart it and it just beeps and rumbles for a couple seconds and then stops. Thank you so much in advance for...

Anyone with the code book for kenmore calypso elite? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey please help my clothes are smellingwasher isn't working. Shows ld ( long drain and I lost my dance test paper to trouble shoot it) I cleared it once before

Kenmore Calypso Elite Washer Code cl [ 1 Answers ]

What is code cl?

Kenmore Elite Clothes Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Kenmore dryer does not heat. How do you replace heating element?

View more questions Search