Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Credit reporting ie:experian,equfax & transunion
    How Long Can Credit Keep A Judgement Posted Even After You Have Proved The Acct.was Never Mine In The First Place.this Is An Acct. I Was Told Was Opened In 1983-84.this Has Been On My Reports For Yrs.it Is Causing A Big Problem For Me.. any Suggestions To Help Resolve This Mess?? Thanks
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Have you personally called the credit bureaus to dispute the claim?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Did they go and renew the judgement with the court towards the end of its time ( normally 10 years)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2007, 06:03 AM
    You need to write to the bureaus disputing the entry. They then have to verify the entry with the issuer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit reporting after bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

A few years ago in 2003 my now husband filed chapter 7 and had some debt discharged. (This was before I knew him) The problem is that those debts are still being reported on his credit report. Can they do that? If not, what can we do about it? The situation has his credit in a place where it is...

Which Credit Card companies only pull TransUnion for applications [ 2 Answers ]

I have a great TransUnion score and want to apply for a good card that only pulls and consults with TransUnion credit services for new card applications.

Credit Reporting Used as a weapon [ 4 Answers ]

What are the options for getting a company to correct their erroneous credit reporting? This has to do with Geico the Insurance company. They terminated my policy, sent me a refund. Now they are claiming we re-signed and that we owe and are reporting the lack of payment. We never restated our...

Credit reporting [ 3 Answers ]

When someone is offered a settlement or you are negociating (sp) with a creditor or collection agency. Some say to try to get the creditor to put PAID IN FULL OR NEVER LATE OR no deal. How do you really know that they will abide by what they are saying, I know they can't be trusted. Do you wait...

View more questions Search