Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shidoshi Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Oct 14, 2005, 08:41 AM
    Do you watch The Biggest Loser ?
    To tell you the truth I am fan of The Biggest Loser show and I can relate to a lot of the problems those people are going through. How many of you are watching this show. Do you like it ?
    Mass Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 08:42 AM
    I wish they would focus less on the drama and more on the nuts-n-bolts of what they're doing every day to lose the weight - what are they eating, what are they doing specifically to lose the numbers they're losing. I mean, some of them are dropping 10-15 lbs a week! Inquiring minds want to know how!

Oct 21, 2005, 08:43 AM
    The only reason the initially burn so much weight is because they have such high body masses. I bet their resting metabolic rate is higher than average and, furthermore, because of their high BM, they burn many more calories while excercising.
    Mass Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2005, 04:23 AM
    I fear that a very fast weight loss could be damaging both physically and mentally. Losing 10-15 lbs a month may seem very little for someone weighting say 250 or 300, but it adds up quite fast. At 10 lbs a month, our 250-pounder who starts training in the Spring will be at a very healthy weight for Christmas. A friend of mine lost about 55 lbs (from 200 to 145 at 5'6") in approx 4 years by becoming a commuter and avid road biker. The benefits were certainly higher and more long-term for him than if he would have lost all of those 55 lbs in one Summer.

Moderation in all things, so they say...

Cheers!

Oct 29, 2005, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass
    A friend of mine lost about 55 lbs (from 200 to 145 at 5'6") in approx 4 years by becoming a commuter and avid road biker. The benefits were certainly higher and more long-term for him than if he would have lost all of those 55 lbs in one Summer.

Moderation in all things, so they say...

Cheers!
    Losing weight by doing outdoor activities is the best way possible. Its natural, its pleasant and fun too. I couldn't agree more...
    eris8656 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Oct 1, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Well I do know that they work out for 4 hours a day, so that could be why they lose weight so quickly.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Well I love the show, it shows everyone that it does take hard work, exercise and commitment. As well as correct eating habits. Now the large weight loss, I really question this... 2-3 lbs a week is a safe loss that generally doesn't come back, maybe the producers are fibbing abit about the initial losses, or these people are working out so hard, that it does happen. But either way, I like the show.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Third Watch ((NY)) [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have been watching Third Watch the t.v show based in NY for some time now, it's the one with the NYPD, FDNY etc ;) I seem not to be able to find a DVD box set :confused: just out of interest does any one know where one can be found, as it seems not stocked in the UK?? :rolleyes: Any...

I can't watch movies? [ 2 Answers ]

When I first got my laptop I could put a movie in and watch it. Now I tried it again like a month or so later it won't work? It keeps telling me to lower my screen resolution and I did that and it still didn't work. What could be the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks

Rejuvinating a clock or watch [ 3 Answers ]

Years ago I remember reading about putting watches or clocks in the oven on a low temperature for a specified amount of time. This was supposed to thin the lubricant so it would work OK. It must have been one of those Heloise hints or something like that. Does anyone know anything about this? I...

View more questions Search