Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rost_th_1st Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2005, 06:59 AM
    Roll-up Cigarettes
    I have been smoking roll-ups for about three years now. I find that I don't have any breathing problems or heart problems so I was wondering if manufactured cigarettes have something in them that make you ill, compared to roll-ups which are just tobacco and paper.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2005, 08:42 AM
    Do you do any activities that are heavy on the cardiovascular system e.g. jogging, basketball, squash, etc ?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 14, 2005, 10:08 AM
    I think it is common knowledge that cigarettes manufactured, especially the 'lites' have more addetives to make you addicted. I'm certain that the regular cigarettes have addetives also, but they don't seem to be as strong to me because I don't have to smoke too many. I tried to stop so switched to lites and they made me smoke more as it seemed I was not getting the 'smoke' value I needed even though they did not taste as good. Now, for change, I even smoke a good cigar now and then. I got rid of alcohol 25 years ago, but I can't and won't leave them cigs alone, got to have one (well two) vices and I won't tell you what the other is.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 14, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I have been smoking roll ups since I was 11, I'm 26 now and trying to quit.
    The last time I went to the doctors he told me to quit as my chest is bad now... I cough most of the time and I'm wheezy... please try to give up.. dont be like me :-(
    Bigger_Don Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 12:51 PM
    I may only be 18 and I probably don't have a lot of "Life experience" but yes as far as I know taylor made ciagrrettes do have more chemicals in them than rollies. I'm not saying rollies are good for you and I wouldn't say that at all. Rollies are definitely not good for you. Smokings not good never has been and never will be. But if you enjoy it why stop. You only live once live life to the full and remember have fun with whatever you do.
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Jan 11, 2008, 05:36 PM
    When I roll my own I tend to not take as big a drag, and smoke less of the cigarette. Maybe that's why you aret noticing any effects. However, maybe you haven't smoked long enough to have breating problems. I've been a smoker for 15 years and I'm just starting to wish I had never started. A great medicine to quit is called chantix, its working for me so far
    cut_ie Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 01:41 PM
    They may not be as bad for you, but long term, a big no no
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 1, 2008, 10:28 AM
    You are young and have a lot of years left in you. You are better off quitting.
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Mar 19, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Apart from the additive issue also with rollups if you use thin or super thin papers, you are not inhaling as much or if any heavy paper smoke as you do with medium weight papers that are used in manufactured cigarettes
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 03:53 PM
    My grandfather died from emphazema in 1972. He smoked roll ups for over 50 years. Back then cigarettes didn't have as many of the additives that they have now. I think roll ups have less additives than the hundreds of additives that cigarettes have but that could still be in the hundreds
    I heard that Golden Virginia and American Spirit are the most natural tobacco there is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I find cheap cigarettes? [ 6 Answers ]

There used to be a website where a person could buy cigarettes from an Indian reservation but I can't find it anymore. Where can I find the cheapest quality cigs?

Cigarettes [ 3 Answers ]

What brands cigarettes were made by Phillip Morris, Brown and Williamson Tobacco Corporation and by The American Tobacco Company?

Roll Top Desk [ 2 Answers ]

How does one unlock the drawers? The rolltop lock does not function and the drawers on the left are open. The locking mechanisms are spring loaded hooks that hook over the back of the drawers when they are closed. How do I get the right drawers open?

Pay roll run [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Thanks for your previous reply. This question is also for Atlana Tax expert. I have a question regarding runnning the payroll. In the H-1B documents and offer letter from employer says that he will offer me say 50K per annum and I work for 9 months and already got paid 60K and was on bench for...

View more questions Search