Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzymoose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 02:18 PM
    4yr old chow mix
    We have a 4 yr old chow mix and a 6month old min pin mix, lately the chow seems depressed, she doesn't like to get her treats anymore she lays around all day, doesn't respond to our calls for her. I am very concerned. This has been for about 2-3 days now.
    Do they just get depressed or is she sensing that my husband is upset and I am depressed and she is just attached to us that way?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Never discount the effect of your emotions on your dog. Other than mentioning https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family-people/ I will stay out of you and your husband's problems. If things have recently gone down hill, the dog may adjust to it if you don't manage to resolve it. It is sad that my friend's dog has to take all sorts of medicine to cope with her problems. Tension flows down the leash.

She could also be sick. If it doesn't improve soon, maybe you should take her to the vet, before the weekend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My 4yr old son sleeps in grandma's bed during sleepovers [ 3 Answers ]

I need help. My 4yr old has a incredibly close relationship with his grandma(my mother-in-law). He goes over there every weekend and spends the night. He sleeps in the same bed with her. I think he is much too old to be doing this and I never really liked the idea when he was younger but I was so...

My chow [ 13 Answers ]

My mixed chow is about 3yrs old. And all he does is knaw at his skin. I mean its like he is trying to eat away at himself, chewing off hair and everything. Please someone give me a solution or at least an idea of what to do. I cannot take him to the vet right now because I do not have the...

My chow won't eat [ 6 Answers ]

My 11 year old Chow won't eat. I noticed today that she was staggering and bumping into things. She hasn't eaten anything at all in seven days and I'm really worried about her. Can you help me please? Thanks

Dog Chow Chow dermatology [ 1 Answers ]

My female Chow Chow dog is 9 years old has since two months developed white spots on her nose, gums and tongue. These spots are white and pink and of various size (very small to the size of 1 cent). It's not leptospiroza. What else could it be and what could be the treatment? Please help!

View more questions Search