Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahj2182 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Late period, 1 negative test 1 positive test
    Hello. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant... looong story... anyway I conceived last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint positive. I took another test today ( 1day late) it was negative. BUT, today I didn't use my first morning urine. I "feel" pregnant... headache, heartburn, gas, constipation, sore breasts... always hungry.. and I know what it feels like because I've been pregnant before... so why the negative??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 02:11 PM
    It is very possible that was a false negative. It is very important to use first morning urine as that is when the concentration of the pregnancy hormone HCG is at it's highest.

There are more false negatives than false positives.

Time to make a prenatal appointment and don't forget to to take your folic acid.

Oct 4, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahj2182
    Hello. My husband and I have been ttc for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant...looong story...anyway I concieved last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint positive. I took another test today ( 1day late) it was negative. BUT, today I didn't use my first morning urine. I "feel" pregnant...headache, heartburn, gas, constipation, sore breasts...always hungry..and I know what it feels like because I've been prego before....so why the negative???
    Me again, well I took yet another HPT today with my FMU, and again a BFN. I still "feel" pregnant.. now 3 days late... I used a different brand of test though... the one that gave me a positive was first response, and the ones that were negative I got at the dollar store... does this make a difference, should I retest with a first response? And yes I do take my vitamins just in case :)!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Me again, well I took yet another HPT today with my FMU, and again a BFN. I still "feel" pregant..now 3 days late....I used a different brand of test though...the one that gave me a positive was first response, and the ones that were negative I got at the dollar store...does this make a difference, should I retest with a first response? And yes I do take my vitamins just in case :)!
    The first response can detect it a litte earlier than the dollar store ones, but in the end they are all looking for the same thing, hCG. :)
    Starrviolet Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Oct 4, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Hello. My husband and I have been ttc for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant...looong story...anyway I concieved last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint positive. I took another test today ( 1day late) it was negative. BUT, today I didn't use my first morning urine. I "feel" pregnant...headache, heartburn, gas, constipation, sore breasts...always hungry..and I know what it feels like because I've been prego before....so why the negative???
    More than likely, you are pregnant. It is very rare to get a false positive.. but not that rare to get a false negative. Call your OB and schedule for a blood test to make sure! That way there's no mistake:) Good luck:)

Oct 6, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Hi everyone... update... by hcg blood test was... inconclusive?? What is going on?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 6, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Hun you are only 3 or 4 days late right now. This really does not constitute a late period. Mother Nature throws us all curve balls once in a while.

You need to have your blood retested in maybe a week, if you are pregnant then the hCG level should be high enough to detect by then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, negative pregnancy test [ 4 Answers ]

Well I have been trying to conceive a baby for about 6 months and I have been having problems. Right now I am 33 days late on my period I have taken several pregnancy test and there all negative. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Spotting period late but negative test [ 7 Answers ]

My period was due yesterday day 25 but did not arrive .Today day 26 I have had spotting!! Slight pink brownish colour only on tissue paper not on my pants. Did test this morning fist thing it was negative .We have been trying finding it really frustrating now feel like a freak can anyone help...

2 days late my period is light and my pregnecy test is negative. Am I pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm always on the 7th and this month I started on the 9th. My fiancé and I have slept together since last month. He always comes inside me. The past week and a half I have slept with him everyday with him coming inside me. We already have one kid who is 10 months old. I took a pregnant. Test...

Late period and a negative test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm debbie, I'm a week late on my period, I've done a test this morning and it's negative, I'm so confused can any body advise me what to do?

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

View more questions Search