Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maximus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2005, 07:29 PM
    Not sure
    Hello... I'm 23 years old and I'm lost. I have everythng I've ever dreamed of having and more. I good job, my own successful business great friends a dog. On the outside everything is wonderful but inside I feel so overwhelmed... I don't know what to do. I just can't escape feelings of inadequacy and feelings of not being able to release my stress. Thougths feelings of pressure and anxiety are piling up I don't know what to do or where to go. I stay up at night I think about all the things I could have done differently and have thoughts of ending it to escape the overwhelming feelings. Does anyone know what to do?
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Oct 13, 2005, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus
    Hello....I'm 23 years old and i'm lost. I have everythng i've ever dreamed of having and more. I good job, my own successful business great friends a dog. on the outside everything is wonderful but inside i feel so overwhelmed....I don't know what to do. I just can't escape feelings of inadequacy and feelings of not being able to release my stress. thougths feelings of pressure and anxiety are piling up i don't know what to do or where to go. I stay up at night i think about all the things i could have done differently and have thoughts of ending it to escape the overwhelming feelings. Does anyone know what to do?
    Do you have regular healthy outlet? Hobbies? Things you do to enjoy your life and/or unwind?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 14, 2005, 03:00 AM
    Dear, don't want to step on toes, but accomplishments and money can do things to people, like when they 'have everything' they tend to look for more in looking for new friends and get bad influence such as drugs and/or other adrenaline kicks. If you got caught in such a trap, maybe that's what is making you feel the way you are feeling. See a professional and tell him/her all about it and get some help,please. This is not an unusual thing and is treatable. Good Luck to you. Sleepless nights and anxiety are an indication of problems that a doctor should advise you on, so take this serious and take care of yourself, please.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2005, 04:28 AM
    Have it all
    Hi,
    First, you don't have it all... you don't have a "peace of mind", as you stated.
    Second, I agree with the post about seeing a doctor.
    A Professional can help you with relaxing, sleeping better, and help to get your "overworked" mind off other things.
    Do you attend church? Attend any meetings or groups of any kind? Have any hobbies you really like? Do you pray?
    Do you give yourself a chance to meet new people?
    You can turn your life around with a little help, and a doctor would be a great place to start.
    I do wish you the best, and you will find an answer to relax, forget about "how it could have been", and live life to it's fullest, just one day at a time. If you live today, not worrying about the past or of tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    maximus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2005, 08:00 PM
    I don't have any groups I belong to or outlets... I just work my focus is on making a million dollars by 25 and I'm almost there just 2 more years with the same returns and I'll have it. I don't think my problem is large enough for professional help... I'm not doing drugs or drinking just working and I'm overwhelmed so I can't sleep... But I think you're right maybe I do need another outlet for some of these feelings I just wouldn't feel right in a support group other people have bigger problems. Thanks for all your heart felt advice it makes me feel good to know people care.
    clukkes Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2005, 08:06 PM
    I think if you don't get this out it is going to cause you more problems in the long run. It is OK to see a professional. Sounds embarrassing but that is their job. Maybe the professional can get you something for anxiety. You are only 23 and if you continue like this you'll pay for it in the long run.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 14, 2005, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clukkes
    I think if you don't get this out it is going to cause you more problems in the long run. It is ok to see a professional. Sounds embarrasing but that is their job. Maybe the professional can get you something for anxiety. You are only 23 and if you continue like this you'll pay for it in the long run.
    You have set your goals and got there so far, but millions won't help you with a bleeding ulcer or malnutrition or sleeplessness. Try some vitamins and minerals, but take them in the morning not at night. Get regular checkups because even positive stress can change your health very fast. Melatonin in the evening is not a bad idea either, although it's usually needed by older folks as they don't produce it normally anymore. But you also need someone to talk to that won't be out there just to help you 'spend' your hard earned money, and there is nothing better than a professional - and this is nothing at all to be embarrassed about. They are not there just to help with mental illnesses, but to help you deal with stress too. Have you heard of the Covey method of dealing with stress and management of your prime time? Even the government hires their instructors to help employees better manage their time. Anything is worth a try. Again, good luck dear and more power to you!
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Oct 15, 2005, 12:57 PM
    Short term goal achieved
    Your are focused-driven, you set a goal and attain it with ease; however, your scope for attainment has been narrow due to a small handicap... what I mean by that is that your mental processes is like that of a waffle... individaul squares adjoined--connected by proximity yet not truly related by touching such as a bowl of spaghetti... everything is some way or another dependent on another aspect of attainment. For you... stretch yourself... see beyond... find relative connective points that will invite a new found liberty to your world... it is overwhelming to attain your mind's heart in spite of... however, allow that inner core to see sunlight which shall keep you balanced... sometimes... decisions made... pinch us at a core but needed in order to attain that which we desire... schedule a hiatus... regroup and enjoy living vicariously from your heart's mind instead of always from that pin--point calculated engine of your intellect.
    jurplesman Posts: 83, Reputation: 7
    -

Nov 12, 2005, 10:15 PM
    Hello Maximus,

Your prblems may be simpler that you realize.

Please test yourself with the NIB. If you score is high, go on a Hypoglycemic Diet.

Please read:

Beating Anxiety.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 13, 2005, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jurplesman
    Hello Maximus,

Your prblems may be simpler that you realize.

Please test yourself with the NIB. If you score is high, go on a Hypoglycemic Diet.

Please read:

Beating Anxiety.
    Did you also experience that some milks, those not in tetrapacks, make hypoglycemics 'high', this also is a sign - from personal experience. I used to drink a lot of milk in my twenties and afterwards felt giddy, went to a physician and diagnosed as having hypoglycemia. Since then, I drink only the milk that does not need refrigeration until opened.
    Also a smiley addict, though I don't think it's due to that.

P.S. We do this on our free time and really appreciate feedback if our answers/advice helped or not, please: click the Rate This Post link, click on Approve or Disapprove, and give a comment. Thanks!
    jurplesman Posts: 83, Reputation: 7
    -

Nov 13, 2005, 07:22 PM
    High Chery,

I have found that many people who have an allergy to milk are also hypoglycemic. The reason seems to be that a milk allergy is caused by lactose intolerance. This intolerance at first raises adrenaline levels, thereby raising blood sugar levels, thereby providing a high to milk drinkers. This is then followed by a hypoglycemic dip, causing giddiness. People may become addicted to milk. It is the same mechanism in caffeine or nicotine addiction or for that matter any addiction to food items.

In fact there is a close association between being allergic and having hypoglycemia, although the underlying mechanism is slightly different. After all hypoglycemia can be described as a sugar allergy.

One way of finding your allergies is here.

People addicted to milk may use yogurt or butter milk instead, becasuse the lactose has been converted to lactic acid.
    wilkinslaedi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2005, 08:55 PM
    I'm no expert like some suggest that you should see, but you never mentioned having God in your life.. . look into going to church and seeking what He has in store for you.. . you might find what your looking for.. . he's not in the business of healing but he can direct you to the right path.. . just make sure all the glory goes to him.. .
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 14, 2005, 04:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wilkinslaedi
    I'm no expert like some suggest that you should see, but you never mentioned having God in your life. . .look into going to church and seeking what He has in store for you. . .you might find what your looking for. . .he's not in the business of healing but he can direct you to the right path. . .just make sure all the glory goes to him. . .
    Welcome to the forum. You don't need to be an expert, just be truthful, back up what you advise and mean well when helping others. If you meant this towards me, - I'm not into religion interpreted by humans, and if you have time, read some of my other posts and you'll know why, but that's not important. I know you meant well, and thank you.

To the issue of hypoclygemia, - I have no lactose intolerance, but I do have allergies of other types, cats, and I have 5 of them around me all the time and one - whose picture you see on my posts - sits on my lap all day - like a second appendage. I am a heavy smoker and have carcinoma not of the lungs though. I placed your site in my favorites and will keep up with it - it's good.

To maximus, who started this thread, I hope you have obtained a little help and insight to assist you in reaching a balanced, stressless life - please keep us posted.
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Nov 14, 2005, 09:08 PM
    I don't have any groups I belong to or outlets....I just work my focus is on making a million dollars by 25 and i'm almost there just 2 more years with the same returns and i'll have it. I don't think my problem is large enough for professional help.... I'm not doing drugs or drinking just working and I'm overwhelmed so I can't sleep.....But i think you're right maybe i do need another outlet for some of these feelings i just wouldn't feel right in a support group other people have bigger problems. Thanks for all your heart felt advice it makes me feel good to know people care.
    ."......I don't think my problem is large enough for professional help.... " If you came here to ask for help then you do have a problem "big" enough for professional help.

Overachievers have this fear of failing which, when reaching a certain goal, assails them and they exhibit some of the symptoms you describe... in which case you DO need help of some type. As far as I know, and I may be wrong, no one here is a professional, so although we would love to think we can help, we really cannot, only a professional can do that with some modicum of success.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 15, 2005, 07:28 AM
    I don't have any groups I belong to or outlets....I just work my focus is on making a million dollars by 25 and i'm almost there just 2 more years with the same returns and i'll have it. I don't think my problem is large enough for professional help.... I'm not doing drugs or drinking just working and I'm overwhelmed so I can't sleep.....But i think you're right maybe i do need another outlet for some of these feelings i just wouldn't feel right in a support group other people have bigger problems. Thanks for all your heart felt advice it makes me feel good to know people care.
    Other people might have 'bigger problems' but they are not your's. You set a goal and are reaching it, with great expectations upon yourself. You probably fear that you might slip, that is a problem - your problem. You might also fear that those around you might have ulterior motives through their 'friendship', this will cause doubt. These are your problems and not anyone else's. They are just as valid as anyone else's problems no matter what type. Talk to someone neutral about this and ask their opinion, as you are going through a total change in your life and need a balanced way to handle your pride and fear at the same time. Just think of where you were before you set your goal and where you are now.. look at the pros and cons and find a happy middle. I wish you all the luck and personal satisfaction in the world especially health and well-being, so take care of yourself and see someone, please. One, is a very lonely number..

Good Luck.
    P.S. We do this on our free time and really appreciate feedback if our answers/advice helped or not, please: click the Rate This Post link located on the blue date line above our names on the right side, next to the number of the post, click on Approve or Disapprove, and give a comment. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search