Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sysybeka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Scrap Gold
    I am getting into the scrap gold business (At Home Mom ) - A couple of months ago sold my scrap gold I had laying around -took it to a pawn shop - Got some money at the time I was happy ! In doing research I found I could have received more by sending it to a gold refiner . So now I purchase scrap gold from friends , family others to send to refiner . Right now 1 gram of 14 k gold is $14.99 - So my question - How is it that on EBAY everyone is buying scrap gold with many many bids and ending close to the $14.99 per gram . How are they making money??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Maybe they are jewelers that intend to make something with it rather than trying to scrap it?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 02:21 PM
    I think that if I was using eBay to sell something and was hoping to make good money for it, but my bids were low, I would create alternate user ID's or have friends/family members put in higher bids at the last minute hoping to get even higher bids and/or so I didn't have to sell something for such a cheap price.

I don't know if that's happening, but that was the first thought that came to my mind.

Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gold [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: Gold used to be money. In 1973, Nixon declared that it wasn't - it's just a commodity. How much of that commodity can be legally transported OUT of the USA, before the government changes its mind and calls it money again? excon

Might scrap 200amp upgrade and go with a bigger 100amp panel [ 10 Answers ]

Hey all! Reading all the posts about 200amp panels and the costs is making my head hurt along with my wallet. I think I will just have the existing 100 swapped out for a larger panel... say a 30/30 100amp (or are there larger ones? ). I live in a 77+ year old house with some older knob&tube...

View more questions Search