Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NMBGAL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Ice water line
    I have a GE refrigerator with ice maker and ice water line. The ice water line is frozen on the freezer door. The water comes through the line up to the bottom of the freezer but doesn't come through the dispenser on the door. I was told it was frozen. How can I defrost it without defrosting the whole refrigerator? I have no where to put my food. Thanks
    Antony dot f dot Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Oct 3, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NMBGAL
    I have a GE refrigerator with ice maker and ice water line. The ice water line is frozen on the freezer door. The water comes through the line up to the bottom of the freezer but doesn't come through the dispenser on the door. I was told it was frozen. How can I defrost it without defrosting the whole refrigerator? I have no where to put my food. Thanks
    It wouldn't be terrible if you 'defrosted' your refrigerator! You could just start it up again later.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 11:42 AM
    You can open the freezer door and heat the water line with a hair dryer or heat gun. The food will be fine for a long time before the ice crystals in the food melt. By the way, who told you the line was frozen?
    SPMB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 07:43 PM
    I had this problem with my GE Profile. I changed out the water filter and line, but still no water. I removed the bottom vegetable drawer from the refrigerator side, and used my hairdryer to warm up the water line underneath. Within two minutes, the line had thawed, and my water dispenser worked perfectly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water supply line--ice maker [ 4 Answers ]

The turn handle on our water supply line to ice maker is stuck--won't turn left or right. What do we do. We're afraid to force it.

Leaking water supply line to ice maker [ 1 Answers ]

The water turn off valve to our ice maker is leaking in the basement. How can this be fixed?

Stopping secondary water line to ice maker [ 2 Answers ]

I have a split water line that went to two refridgerators. After replacing one of the refrigerators, I no longer need a water line going to that refrigerator. How do I stop the water from flowing in that copper tubing?

View more questions Search