Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Oct 2, 2007, 11:02 PM
    Oven baked homemade french fries
    I have the procedure for cooking fries in a deep fryer down. But I was wanting to experiment with baking them in an oven in case I need to cook a larger quantity. Is there any special secret other than placing them on a cookie sheet and baking them? I already have the procedure down about soaking them in water and then drying them off. I just need to know a good temperature and time.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 08:11 AM
    The way I do it is I'm using about 2 lbs of potatoes that I've scrubbed, 2 tbsp, olive oil,
    I just cut the potatoes into the size sticks I want. Place the fries in a bowl with olive oil and toss to make sure they get covered good, then I add a couple of these, for extra flavor--paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, for spicy fries, garlic or onion powder, fresh herbs, like parsley or basil, or sometimes I use a mixed herbal blend like Old bay.
    Then I place the fried on a greased pan, 475 degree preheated oven, for 15 minutes, turn the batch, and cook for another 20-25 minutes, after taking them out, then I salt them!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 08:26 AM
    To avoid sticking you can pre-heat the baking sheet also, remove it and put more olive oil on the sheet, the fries should sizzle when you place them on the baking sheet.
    kissmyahollol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 08:13 PM
    I got mush I put for 1 hour stucky mush:mad:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homemade septic system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small shop behind my house that is on a location that is not accessible to connect to my house septic tank/system. I have a toilet and sink in the shop, I was considering using a 500 gal fiberglas tank as the septic tank and running feeder/distribution lines as with a normal concrete...

Homemade Jams,Jellies and salsa [ 8 Answers ]

I am planning on selling my jams, jellies and salsas at farmers markets and specialty stores in my area to see how well they go over. Any advise for me on doing so. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Homemade septic system [ 1 Answers ]

Homemade septic system I have a small shop behind my house that is on a location that is not accessible to connect to my house septic tank/system. I have a toilet and sink in the shop, I was considering using a 500 gal fiberglas tank as the septic tank and running feeder/distribution lines as with...

When a bread is baked [ 1 Answers ]

Why does bread rise when it is baked? How do you think the mass of the bread would compare to the original total mass of the ingredients in the recipe.

Belgian Fries [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: Does anyone in the world out there know where I can purchase the parchment cones that one puts the traditional Pommes Frites (Belgian Fries) into? I have searched the internet to no avail. Even instawares.com (restaurant supplier) doesn't offer them. I am not looking for the solo...

View more questions Search