Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondering Along Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Oct 2, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Old pirate (?) movie, dashing hero, a ship full of young women, island and marriages?
    I saw this movie ages ago, before I knew who Errol Flynn was, so I'm not sure if he was the star or not. I think it was in black and white. My main memories are:

1) There's a scene where it looked like the hero was putting on a uniform he was totally unqualified for (and I think that *was* what he was doing), and he avoided getting into trouble for it because he said that he could hardly appear before a lady in shirtsleeves. It worked.

2) He's hiding out from a government or something, with quite a few other guys, and somehow they wind up on an island with a ship full of young women. They offer to marry these girls, with the understanding that it will be easier to keep track of everyone if they count in the number of complete families, and not each person individually.

It's kind of a long shot, I hope someone knows this film. :) Thanks!
    Wondering Along Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Jan 31, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Someone figured it out for me - it's "New Moon," with Nelson Eddy. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Pirate Movie, starring Christy McNichol [ 9 Answers ]

I purchased my favorite movie online: The Pirate's Movie, starring Christy McNichol. But, when I received the movie, I tried to play it in my dvd player, and it said "wrong region." So, I tracked the company down, and they told me that it is a european dvd, and that I will not be able to play it...

Cartoon Pirate movie from the early to mid 1980's [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! I'm looking for a children's pirate cartoon from the early to mid 1980's. I'd say no later 1987, but I'm not positive. I think my dad recorded it off HBO or Showtime because there were no commercials. The cartoon was about a boy,who was from the present, and he somehow gets...

Older Women & Da young guys [ 4 Answers ]

I really like older women-older then me twentys,thirtys, and even early fourtys. I'm a grown man but I got that baby face so when I go to try and talk to an older honey they response sometimes is I'm to old for you and mostly you to long.So my question is what can I do or say to these ladies when...

Hair loss in young women [ 2 Answers ]

I am only 23 years old and my hair has been thinning like crazy! Does anyone know the causes of hair loss in young adults? Does anyone know of or use any great hair thickening products? Not rogaine thought, I think I am way too young to resort to that.

Caribbean Pirate Movie without Cofresi? [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently seeing a preview of the movie Pirates of the Caribean and couldn't help but notice the glaring omission of the famous Puerto Rican Pirate Cofresi who was wreaking havoc wth shipping in that area. In fact, other nations protested to Spain asking the government to stop him. He was said...

View more questions Search