Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abegrl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Music key board
    On a keyboard the distance from one key to the next key is ?
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 2, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Half a note including "black keys" and a whole note with only "white keys".
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by abegrl
    on a keyboard the distance from one key to the next key is ?
    The distance is called an interval.

If counting from one note to another within just a scale, then you have intervals of unison, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th or also called octave. Intervals can also go beyond the octave. Then you will have 9ths, 10ths, 11ths, 12ths, 13ths and so forth. All of these intervals can be either Major, minor, diminished or Augmented, depending upon the spelling of flat or sharp of each note of the interval and what the type of scale is in which they are being used.

Intervals are also comprised a half-steps and whole-steps, skips and leaps. A half-step is where you go from one note to the one that is immediately next to it. A whole step is a kind of skip. You skip just one note in order to arrive at the next note. A leap is where you skip over more than one note in order to arrive at the next one. Half-steps, whole-steps, skips and leaps also have the numeric names in ordinals like I explained in the first paragragh and can also be Major, minor, diminished and Augmented.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fn key need shift key all the time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dell laptop which is inspiron 6400 I have a problem with the fn key which I don't know how it was started The problem is that the fn key isn't working properly for example when I press fn+f1 in order to hibernate nothing happends unless I press the fn+f1+SHIFT key the hibernate happends...

Deactivate key board [ 3 Answers ]

I am using Presario 2500 laptop and having problem with on of the key in the keyboard. Even if I don't press += key it performs. So is there any way where I can deactivate my laptop keyboard and use an externel key board?

Sonar LE music soft ware or cakewalk for key boards [ 2 Answers ]

OK so like I got this soft ware caled sonarLE or cakewallk I need help with it , every time I put my keyboard in to the comouter threwe midi it will record but not with the sounds on my key board so you as you can tell I need help

Look up key [ 1 Answers ]

I have problem wiith my laptop.. the message said... the request lookup key was not found in any activation context... how do I fix this problem.. please help and thank you.

Fn Key [ 1 Answers ]

When I plug in my wireless keyboard... my Fn key gets stuck on or something and then I can't get it to turn off... thus, I can't use my keyboard on the laptop. How do I disable that function?

View more questions Search