Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    b_prajesh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP)
    Is there any difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) in context of data center? If yes, then what is it?. Thanks.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 06:22 PM
    A PDU usually contains an isolation K rated transformer, several branch circuit panelboards, and monitoring and surge suppression equipment, popular in data center and IT rooms.

An RPP will be nothing more than a panelboard or two in a matching enclosure designed the same as the PDU.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No power in therm unit [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I need help fixing ac unit. I called the help desk for my Hunter thermostat and they had me try and start the fan using a metal paper clip. The problem before I did that was that it wasn't starting. There was power but it wasn't regulating the temp. Well in the process I cause a shortage...

Power Distribution Units & Remote Power Panel [ 1 Answers ]

What is the basic functionality of these equipment ? What is differnce between PDU & RPP.

Outside Unit sounds like it has power but not spinning [ 1 Answers ]

My A/c is running but not cooling. When checking, interior unit fan and thermostat are operational, outside unit blower is not running. You can hear the electric buzz of power trying to make the outside fan blow but no movement. Check the capacitor visually on interior unit and appears...

Newbie needs help with remote power [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, my name is George. First of all just want to let you all know that I am completely clueless about electrical stuff, I need professional advice. I am trying to set up a solar power of some sort for my gardenhouse. I need to run about 10-20 30 watt lights continuously 20-24 hours, and I...

View more questions Search