Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cobrar23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling fan not working with Receiver/Remote
    Hi,

I bought a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan with a remote. I was able to put up the fan and it works along with the lights. When I tried installing the receiver on the fan, the fan will not work, with the remote, nor manually, as almost like no power is going to it... As soon as I remove the receiver and connect the cables directly to junction box power supply, the fan works again...

Anyone has any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 01:16 PM
    How are you wiring it? Does the remote LED light up?

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Oct 2, 2007, 01:54 PM
    I have not placed a battery in the remote, I didn't have one, but when I hit the switch for the light, it should power the fan and lights, however it doesn't when I put the receiver...

Am I stupid and is it as simple as when I connect the receiver in the fan, it functions only with the remote. e.g.. When battery on remote dies, I can't use the fan?

I take the receiver off and it works fine... I'm going to buy a battery today and put it on and check I guess...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 2, 2007, 02:41 PM
    If your remote is installed correctly you can no longer control the fan from the switch. The receiver and remote both must have batteries to get power to the fan.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 04:47 PM
    When you turn the wall switch on, it will do nothing until you press a button on the remote.

Oct 3, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Yup.. you were right... I was doing it right all along, but I figure that for some odd reason the company who manufactured the fan would allow the fan to work w/o the remote in the even the battery ran out etc... I guess call me crazy...

Thank you very much for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote Receiver [ 12 Answers ]

Have a Northport III 52" ceiling fan and can't figure out where to place the remote receiver. The installation manual says to place it in the upper canopy, but there's not enough room and after installing I can't secure the canopy. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?:confused:

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! We have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan in our bedroom that is run strictly by remote (no pull chains). It usually works fine and we haven't had too many problems, but occasionally we can get it to turn on, but not off. All of a sudden it (the remote? The receiver?) will stop working when the...

Hampton Bay Redingtom IV Ceiling fan remote receiver [ 1 Answers ]

The yellow covered remote control receiver in the fan box is simply too big to fit in the decorative mounting bracket cover. The directions mention a receiver mounting bracket, that was not there, and wouldn't have fit inside either. Anyone had to deal with this yet? Instructions attached. Jim

Hampton Bay ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

The ceiling fan remote has lost part of its function. The button which turns the light off/on and dims the lights will only dim the lights. It will not turn the lights off and on. All other functions work such as fan speed, fan off/on and reverse. Any thoughts

Hampton Bay Fan Remote Not Working [ 2 Answers ]

:) Hi, I purchased a fan less than a year ago and the sensor on the remote seems to have gotten some kind of glitch. The little red sensor light stays on continuously, instead of going out after pressing a function. When I shut off the fan, and go to put the remote down, it starts up in high...

View more questions Search