Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lennymu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2005, 04:22 PM
    Oil Burner Furnace
    The problem goes like this. Thermostat calls for heat, burner starts and runs for a minute or so and shuts off. After burner shuts off, the blower starts and the burner starts again until the thermostat reaches temp and the burner shuts off blower contiues to run until the low temp limit is achieved. Would this be the fan/limit control? I've tried making changes to the fan/limit on-off points but there is no change.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2005, 05:21 PM
    Certainly sounds like that is where the problems is. The limit switch that shuts the burner off may be tripping before the one that starts the blower does. There may be enough residual heat to then trip the blower switch, and when is starts, it cool the burner switch and it starts. I would think turning down the blower switch would have done it. Have you tried cleaning the switch so it can heat faster? Maybe even remove it and clean the base and where it mounts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD Burner help [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I need some help. I recently got a computer. By recently I mean I got it around sometime toward the end of October. Anyway my problem is that my cd burner has stopped working. Like it plays DVD's and plays audio music it just won't recognize a blank cd and allow me to burn. The most I've used...

Cd burner [ 3 Answers ]

all right I don't know if this is the right section but I just got a cd burner from a friend and I need to hook it up to my computer. Somehow?? Its just the little box where the cd goes.its a BURN- proof 16x10x40x. On the back it has all these little prongy thingys that say: digital audio,analog...

Which CD burner do I buy? [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to add a CD burner to my 1998 Dell computer. I see a lot of burners available on eBay for attractive prices. How do I know when I've found the right one that'll fit my computer? I have an empty slot in the main part of the computer. It uses Pentium II, Win 98, runs 3XX? MHz, and already...

DVD Burner [ 6 Answers ]

Greetings, I am planning on buying something that I can use to transfer my VHS tapes to DVD, I would also like to be able to make copies of my DVD movies for my son. I am debating between a dvd burner (external) or the software that claims all you need is a cdburner, which I have already on my...

View more questions Search