Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Oct 12, 2005, 04:18 PM
    Socket 939 motherboards
    I've read that many boards that have a 939 socket for AMD 64 bit processors can also support their new dual core X2 but what I wanted to know is how do I tell if a motherboard can support dual core or not? I thought maybe there is a list of chipsets that can support it but I don't know where to find that list. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 12, 2005, 06:00 PM
    Check with the mobo mfg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with buying new Socket 478 Motherboard! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My motherboard has blown. I can't afford to buy the m/board, cpu, ram and graphics card etc so I need to just replace the board. I am having trouble finding a board that fits my requirements as the Socket 478 seems to be going out of stock everywhere. What I need: Socket 478 M/board FSB...

Motherboards [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get a owners book for my main board

Double duty wall socket [ 1 Answers ]

When tackling my last problem (btw thanks guys!) I discovered that one of my wall sockets had a third wire (extended circuit) coming off the socket. They doubled the wire on two of the connection screws and ran a line into the side attic (Cape Cod house) to light the attic. When I was replacing...

Ethernet cable doesn't fit in socket [ 6 Answers ]

First of all, yes, I'm putting it in the right place. I know which one is the modem socket and which one is for an ethernet cable. I've used this same socket (is that the best word?) for over a year, and it's been fine. Now, however, my ethernet cable keeps coming out of the socket. I can put...

Motherboards and CPUs [ 8 Answers ]

I have a computer that does not post. The PSU tested fine so I can only figure it's the motherboard or the cpu. Is there any way to distinguish which one is causing the problem. The lights on the mobo do turn on but I've seen boards fry processors and visa-versa so I am very causious. Any...

View more questions Search