Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brad sue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2005, 02:48 PM
    Intelligent design
    Hey,
    I have a question . Please help me on it:

Stephen jay Gould thought the best way to argue against intelligent design as the origin of modern flora and fauma was to focus on such oddities of nature as a whale fetus's developping and then dissolving a comlpete set for teeth, in contrast with things like a seagull's wing.
    Why did he think so, and why would Hume (philo)disagree, and argue that a seagull's wind would do just fine?

Philo as you certainly know is the character in the Dialogue concernnig natural religion by Hume

PLease tell me what you think about this question

B
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2005, 02:49 PM
    Sounds like homework.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 14, 2006, 10:45 PM
    Why would a seagull's flatualance-"wind" have anything to do with its evolution? : )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How would finding intelligent Life on other planets effect Religious beliefs? [ 62 Answers ]

This has been touched on in a few threads from time to time. I am interested to hear some different point of views on this. If we were to discover intelligent Life on another planet, how would that effect religious beliefs? Does it help to prove or disprove certain religions?

Intelligent Design & Evolution [ 190 Answers ]

Ok I know that this is a contentious issue, but I believe that it needs to be talked about. This has been mentioned in other threads, but I thought that it was time for a thread of its own. The main problem that I have is how can Intelligent Design (ID) be taught as a SCIENCE when it is based...

Web design, in MS Word? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all, I once read that it was possible to create a website on MS word, I managed to create the web site but had problems putting it onto the net. When I tried this a message said, "the operation had timed out". What am I doing wrong? Please help, as you can probabily tell by my post I don't...

How to design a web page [ 1 Answers ]

How can I design a web site or page?

CSS Web design [ 4 Answers ]

Good morning, I've been trying to do CSS on my new website for a while. I've been able to design some new templates in Dreamweaver, and I've created quite a few CSS styles. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to see my styles appear on any web interfaces. Internet Explorer and Firefox,...

View more questions Search