Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Monica2 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 12:49 AM
    Get bully away from my son!
    My son is in 7th grade and he is just letting me know that there is a kid picking on him everyday. I know kids will be kids I do have 3 boys but my son came home today and told me that this kid threw him against the gym lockers today for the fun of it. My son says telling on the kid only makes it worse. Should I go to the authorities ? It seems to me this kid is getting full pleasure out of picking on my son. The last thing he did before this incident was threw a chunk of apple that hit my son in the face. What is it going to take to get this kid off my sons back and let my son have one peaceful day at school without waiting for this kid to get him. Please anyone with suggestions? Thanks Monica2
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 2, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Tell the bully's parents about this.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 2, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Have YOU gone to the school and discussed this with the principal?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Discuss it with both the school officials and the schools police resourse officer
    Punkergurl13 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Oct 2, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Monica2
    My son is in 7th grade and he is just letting me know that there is a kid picking on him everyday. I know kids will be kids I do have 3 boys but my son came home today and told me that this kid threw him against the gym lockers today for the fun of it. My son says telling on the kid only makes it worse. Should I go to the authorities ? It seems to me this kid is getting full pleasure out of picking on my son. The last thing he did before this incident was threw a chunk of apple that hit my son in the face. What is it gonna take to get this kid off my sons back and let my son have one peaceful day at school without waiting for this kid to get him. Please anyone with suggestions? Thanks Monica2
    Hey! From my own experience? Tell your son to try to ignore him. If this does NOT work, then get permission for him to bring a "recorder" to school. Chances are you asking the principle this will disturb him just a wee-bit and he might actually put his foot down!!

(my mom at on time in my life actually did this and it worked.
    mwilliams15 Posts: 172, Reputation: 24

Oct 10, 2007, 06:59 PM
    You should definitely go to the school and talk to them about it. Try not to make a HUGE deal out of it, I know that this kid needs to put a stop to it and take it serious, but the last thing you want to do is make the situation worse. I think if your son ignores it and maybe even laughs it off, it might help a little bit. I realize this is a really tough situation, and middle school kids can definitely be mean. Someone needs to talk to the kid about being more mature and why doing what he is doing to your son is wrong. Maybe you should suggest that maybe a counselor talk to them both about it to get down to the underlying issue. I hope an end can be put to this for you and your sons sake. I see you posted this about a week ago, so I hope its taken care of by now :).. good luck!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 10, 2007, 11:27 PM
    I agree with speaking with parent[s] school officials etc...

But, as one who was picked on in grade school way back in the 70s, your son #1 needs to walk away #2 show no emotional reaction #3 if he has no other choice, he should defend himself.

Part of the bully's pleasure is getting a reaction from their victims. There will always be those that don't fight back - the bully knows this. Even if the odds are not in your son's favor the fact that he will stand up for himself, may be enough of a deterrent for the bully to go elsewhere.

For me, bullying never stopped, even when the authorities were informed, until I stood up to the bullys, and more often than not, I got my butt kicked.
    But the bulllying did stop.

I hope for the best for your son.

Grace and Peace
    curios99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Oct 10, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Tell your son to grow a backbone a stand up for himself and put the bully in his place
    xxhopingtearsxx Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Nov 22, 2007, 01:00 AM
    What I think you should do is take your son to a different school, or secretly tell that child's parents. Then the parents can just make up a lie that the principal caught him or another student told on him or that security cameras caught it. My school has security cameras so whatever happens, there's always the security cameras to catch someone.
    mongoose102860 Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 22, 2007, 01:30 AM
    My son is in 7th grade and he is just letting me know that there is a kid picking on him everyday. I know kids will be kids I do have 3 boys but my son came home today and told me that this kid threw him against the gym lockers today for the fun of it. My son says telling on the kid only makes it worse. Should I go to the authorities ? It seems to me this kid is getting full pleasure out of picking on my son. The last thing he did before this incident was threw a chunk of apple that hit my son in the face. What is it gonna take to get this kid off my sons back and let my son have one peaceful day at school without waiting for this kid to get him. Please anyone with suggestions? Thanks Monica2
    Get your son into martial arts or at least some kind of self defence. I went through the same thing. Some times it takes fire to fight fire unfortunetly.
    red_cartoon Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

Nov 22, 2007, 02:16 AM
    You should talk to the principal or may be the class teacher about it. Like someone already said, be careful not to make a situation out of it. That might just give the bully more options. Like next time the bully kid might harass your son saying things like " you're a mama's boy " and other things like that.

May be you can advise your son to make some good friends, with normal kids. I had been to through similar situation in childhood and having some good friends really helped me a lot. When the bully attacks, the friend or friends can say ' hey, leave him/us alone '.
    albinonerd13 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2007, 06:19 PM
    You get that kid good now, y'hear? Are you trained in martial arts? If you aren't, it would be a good investment.

If you aren't, first, sign up for taekwondo or something, and then write a desperate letter to Chuck Norris asking him to give this kid a good roundhouse kick to the face.
    sagetbob55 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Get a body guard
    sagetbob55 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Get a body guard
    mastermagican Posts: 66, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Go talk to the school counselrs and see what do they do. If nothing talk to the school police and the school will get involed and try to help you even more. Ths happened to my friend and his parents told the bully if he ever laf a hand on his son he will be sewed ill say just talk to the school police will be a good idea
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 10:00 AM
    I was the one picked on at about that age too, but many years ago when the political climate was a lot different than it is today. I fought back one day outside of school grounds and kicked the guy between the legs. No more problems.

Running and "telling" will only likely make it worse. You can ignore for only so long. He needs to learn to fight back. At the same time he needs to document the date, time, where and the incident. If he does fight back, he needs to do it outside of school property.

If he gets injured on school property, then by all means use the school nurse as the first step with the list of other incidents.

You still need to learn how to protect yourself. Whether it be a can of pepper spray or learning how to fight. I remember when I was in high school, I went to a movie with a friend and a car followed us. I didn't realize it. When I dropped my friend off at his house, someone jumped out of the car behind me and jumped him. He was bigger than the guy and won, but they thought he was someone else.

The best thing is to have a plan. What would he do if kind of scenereos.

Investing in a Karate and/or Tia Kwan Do course can only be beneficial for confidence and self-esteem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Say it isn't so! I can't believe my son is a bully? [ 5 Answers ]

Help! I received a call from the school principal today. She says that my 9 yr old son is a bully! I'm having a hard time believing it. I mean... he is way more shy than any of my other children. I have a 13 yr old daughter and another son that is 8. This news totally threw me for a loop! ...

15 yr old son needs help [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 15 and is spiraling out of control. His Dad and I have done everything we know to do. Nothing seems to really help-just when we think he has got the picture and doing better he screws up again. He is on probation for stealing, he had gotten a ticket for didorderly conduct and has...

My son [ 3 Answers ]

The state of Vermont took my son from his father they have now given my sons grandparents temporary custody in the state of Vermont if I take my child and bring him to the state of New Hampshire what could happen to me??

My son [ 3 Answers ]

Yes my son has a very bad behavor problem at home and at school.:mad: and I don't no what else to do?:confused: I did all the disiplin I can do .when you try to talk to him he says your hurting his ears,he can be very meanto self and everyone around him .I really don't know what I should do!please...

Looking for my Son [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to find my son who I have not seen since he was 18 months old he is now 24 yrs old. How can I find him for free as I am disabled and on benefit? Please help Thanks Tyreburner

View more questions Search