Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bohogirl7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 01:33 PM
    What skin lightening method is best for African American ethnicity, pills or topical?
    Hi!

I´m new to this site and I feel weird because it´s my first time writing a question.

I want to know which product is best for African American skin, I´m 23 and will turn 24 in October and I´m really looking forward to have a change on my skin discoloration!

My original birth skin tone is light brown and for some reason my face, chest back kness and elbows have gotten very dark, mainly because of Sun exposure starting from adolescent period, the main damage started there then it continued during the years without noticing it until one day my grandmother asked me why my back, face, elbows, neck and knees are much more darker than my legs, then I notice that something was not right, yes I was correct and also my grandmother, my skin color was modified little by little by the sun, I have 7 years without use a swimming suit because my skin uneven tone makes me feel weird and sad, I feel ashame, a physician told me that once the sun makes the damage, the skin cells change the skin color information and once that happens it is way difficult to reverse it and bring back the original color since the skin is the only organ that has "MEMORY".

I´m very sceptical and afraid of using a sking whitener that will leave my skin worse or lighten some parts only and leave me like a "racoon" I want those products to work even on every part of my skin and only lightens the parts of my face and body that are not original, to explain myself better I´d like to know if those products work on a "focalized" manner, by that a mean a product that works on the affected area directly without affecting other even if I applied the product on the entire area, that it´ll only work on the damaged area and don't alterate the original one.

Please help me in choosing a very good skin whitener that soothes my skin, all answers and opinions will be useful and informative.

Thank you all for your help and I´m looking forward to help in the future to!

Bye bye!
    Tammy Scott.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2012, 06:30 PM
    This question gets asked a lot on Ask Me Help Desk, and, there are answers here in a similar question that may help you in your decision making process.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 09:01 AM
    You should be doing this only under your doctors care for medical needs. Most mail order comes from third world nations with little quality control and often purchased illegally since done without a prescription
    Monique1980 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Exfoliate at least once a week. And you have to use sunblock on aregular basis

Www.skinlighteningsecret.blogspot.ca

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Spots on African American Skin. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 24 year old woman whom is very beautiful so I've been told, but there is one majoe problem that I am having I have dark spots all over my body and I am very self concience, I don't wear anything short and I can't even get naked in fromt of my boyfriend... the spots came from when I was...

Light skin spots on a african american [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 32 year old african american male. Recently, I have developed skin spots on my arms. It doesn't itch like ezcema, but Im not sure how to get it to go away. Any advice? Please reply to>Removed<

What are the best skin lighteners for african american [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone I'm new to this web site and I'm trying to figure out how everything works but anyway I would like to know the best lightening products that work for African American with a dark complexion.Also the best products lightening black spots on face and lightening area around my eyes and...

Skin Lightening for African Americans! [ 25 Answers ]

Hello, I've been checking out the forums on skin whitening for african americans and I'm confused and really need help. I'm a very dark person due to being in the sun all day I'd like lighten up at least 3-4 shades. If anyone can assist me on some good information, or products to try it would be...

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

View more questions Search