Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Offset00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2004, 03:07 PM
    Pop-ups in Internet Explorer
    I'm using Spybot to remove adware and spyware, but I'm still getting a few popups with Internet Explorer (specifically noticed when I try and access Yahoo or Google) which I don't using Netscape. What more can I do to end all the popups in Internet explorer?
    rodgdog Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2004, 08:25 PM
    Search popups in this site.the answers are there.
    Metamorphousthe Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2004, 08:58 PM
    Re: pop-ups in Internet Explorer
    Believe it or not, Google has a pop-up blocker in the Google toolbar which you caninstall to your IE. It's a nice and handy toolbar anad has cut the pop-ups on my browser exponentially
    Sephery3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2004, 02:33 PM
    Yup that works..
    PCgamer Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2004, 10:15 AM
    Re: pop-ups in Internet Explorer
    The Google popups blocker does prevent them from showing on your screen, but the popups still use up bandwidth, so you should still try to determine the source.

Many sites have a popup ad or two, but if you are getting more than 2 or 3 on one site, chances are you have some type of ad-ware/spyware or something that is loading the popups rather than the website you are visiting.

I had some type of worm one time that would load about 50 popups on every 5th site I visited. I used the Google toolbar to block it, but it still ate up bandwidth, so the webpage would load very slow.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 12, 2004, 08:29 PM
    Software should be the last step of any spyware/adware removal process. Yes, it is necessary but software alone will never do a complete job of spy/ad removal. A thorough removal includes manually editing the registry, system configuration utility, the control panel, and entering "Safe Mode". THEN, and only THEN can you run the removal software to remove all traces of malware. Your choice of removal software is also very important.

I would try Giant AntiSpyware. You may download a free trial of the software at the link below. Just click on "Products" and then "Free Downloads."
    sunrat Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2004, 06:54 AM
    Popup-free browser
    Use Mozilla Firefox. No popups!
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer [ 7 Answers ]

When I Click on IE it comes up but then goes blank what can I do I can't access it at all... Okay I click on internet explorer and it comes up then the whole pages just vanishes... I have broadband and I can get in internet through AOL... Not sure what the problem is

Internet explorer don't run [ 4 Answers ]

My internet explorer don't works just stucks, the green bar don't apear. First thought it was the internet connection but with Firefox works well. Have taken Firefox and unistaled internet explorer and it worked, for one day :confused: now is the same problem. Any ideas of how to help me??

Internet Explorer [ 4 Answers ]

When ever I try to open a site such as Yahoo,Google I get a popup window that ask me what to use to open it with,When In click on IE and OK it will open. How do I get it to open all the time without doing this extra. Its something new? :confused:

MS Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

After installing Firebird I lost use of Internet Explorer. It tries to open a site only to return the page with the message "Cannot find server - the page cannot be displayed. There are some web sites requiring IE, how do I reset the program. I tried downloading from MS but they said I have a newer...

Internet Explorer 6. [ 6 Answers ]

I am using Windows XP and have developed a problem with my IE. When I first log on to internet my home page sometimes locks up or it will turn off IE and send me back to desktop. This does not happen all the time. Some time I can change web pages then without warning my IE will turn off and I am...

View more questions Search