Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clukkes Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2005, 05:32 PM
    Bright Red Period
    Hi, I recently started my period and this time it is bright red. It has never been like this, I could have swore I was pregnant. I had every symptom of pregnancy. I was vomiting, headaches, cramping, fatigue, and nasuea. Does anyone know what a bright red period means? Thanks
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Oct 10, 2005, 09:40 PM
    Normal
    A bright red period means an increased amount of oxygen in the blood. Very normal.
    As you are just starting your period, you will find out that with the beginning of your cycles you will have some symptoms from severe cramping, headaches, nausea and others. Where as some women (like myself) have absolutely no symptoms at all. Every woman is different, therefore every cycle is different. Don't fret, it's normal. As long as you are not bleeding profusely and start passing out, you will be fine. I find that taking iron pills helped me. Some women do have to take multi-vitamins because we are more prone to vitamin defieciency due to our periods. The fact that you are keeping an eye on your body indicates that you are off to a good start.
    I'm curious to know why you are not using protection during sex. That would be one of the best ways to take care of your body.

Oct 11, 2005, 04:04 PM
    Letmeno,
    I was feeling dizzy for a day. My husband thinks something is wrong with me. I am not sure what is going on with my body. My period just stopped this afternoon after only 2 1/2 days. Weird I think...

We meaning myhusband and I are trying to have a baby. I was just curious as I have had my period for about 14 years now and never saw the bright red blood before. Not even after the birth of our first child.

Thanks for responding...

Oct 11, 2005, 07:10 PM
    Could this be a sign of pregnancy? Please help...
    stacey77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 06:32 AM
    I have te same things, did you find out what was causing it ?
    ElenaFlow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2012, 08:22 PM
    It could be an ovarian cyst. Go to yr OBGYN, they are common.
    babycakes122 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Hi this morning I woke up and I had a patch of light red blood in my pants have I started please help?xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown Discharge and Then Bright Red Light Bleeding [ 11 Answers ]

My name is Emma and I am 21 soon to be 22. I am married and my husband works offshore... 7 and 7... I have been experiencing some health issues the past 6 months that has never been problems before. Yesterday I went to use the restroom and I noticed a odorless brown-like discharge on my panties. ...

Bright red bleeding 12 days before expected [ 1 Answers ]

I took my first BC pill, missed the second, took the third, missed the fourth, took the fifth and sixth, and then stopped taking them. I had unprotected sex four times during that time. My period would normally be due May 18, but today I had bright red (usually I have dark red) blood that came on...

Bright red period blood [ 1 Answers ]

My period started today and the blood is bright red I don't ever remember it being that color in the last 15 years. Is this something I should worry about? It also is very heavy and came on very fast no cramps or any of the other signs I normally get with a period usually I can tell ahead of time...

Sex While On Period [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there I had unprotected sex on the 3rd day of my period (normally lasts 4 to 5 days) and I normally have a cyle about 32 to 35 days? This period was over ten days late. I was just wondering is it possible for me to get pregnant? Its not very likely it is? I don't want to get pregnant but I was...

View more questions Search