Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gulleyrey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 06:55 AM
    How to get her from Ghana
    My girlfriend lives in Ghana. I want to get her to the United States. What steps do we need to do to expedite this trip?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2007, 07:49 AM
    I will assume this is a real girlfriend, someone you meet when you visted that county, not someone you meet over email, that wanted you to send them money for a passport, then money for a visa and more.
    Ghana has a large business in fraud, having girls pretend to be coming to the US and cheat men here out of 1000' of dollars.
    You can contact the US embassy in Ghana ( who has pages of warning about dating scams) and find out more.
    I_am_not_an_expert Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 06:01 PM
    I agree with "Fr_Chuck" remarks about dating scams,

But say if you a US citizen and really want to bring her to the US, then marry her and bring her on a spouse visa.

Otherwise she can come herself temporarily on a visitor or work visa (like H1, H2 etc.. ).
    paramount-chief Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 12:16 PM
    Your girlfriend, have you visited her within Ghana inside the last two years AND taken pics of you two together? Such is a serious starting point in the US Embassy's eyes.
    Go over to VisaJourney - Your US Immigration Community and get the direct particulars on your case.

Best wishes

PS: As an Afr Amer male, I have been to Ghana many times and too been to its US Embassy there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana passport [ 4 Answers ]

I want to import a wife from ghana. What will her pasport cost ?

Ghana passport [ 2 Answers ]

How much does it cost for a passport and visa to travel from Ghana to USA?

Ghana Passport [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend lives in ghana and wants to move here to Canada to live with me.How can I help her get a passport and visa?how much do they cost?.

GHANA passport and visa [ 14 Answers ]

Does anybody have answer on following questions: - If a Ghananian applies at Ghananian authorities for international passport, how much does that cost? - If a Ghananian applies at German embassy for tourist or aupair visa, how much does that cost? Thank you very much for helping me Best from...

Girlfriend in ghana [ 5 Answers ]

Hello fellow members, I have a friend in ghana that wants to come to america and get married. Supposedly she is single and living with parents and not a scammer. Already purchased passport and sent copy to me but still not trusting all the info coming from her. Is there a way that I can verify...

View more questions Search