Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kktyson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Convert Garage into daycare with bathroom
    Hello,

I currently operate an afterschool program in my home. I am using my living room and dining room which are combined. I have a 2 car attached garage which we never use. I would really love to give my family the house back and move the after school to the garage. In the event of doing so the children would still need to enter back in forth into the house to use the bathroom, so I would really like to add a bathroom. How is this all possible? Please help!!

Katasha36@yahoo
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2007, 07:59 AM
    With enough money anything is possible, what level of budget have you set aside.

Next you will have to get a building permit for the changes ( and I assume you already went and got the properly zoned for business activity)
    But depending on the other plumbing, it may be as easy as cutting out areas in the concrete for pipes to go under the house to connect,)

Best bet, call in about 3 contractors and get bids on the job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a bathroom to an old garage [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath house, built in the '50s with a garage that has been converted to a workshop. There is plumbing for a washer-dryer in the workshop area. I want to convert the workshop into a bedroom and add a bathroom, but because the workshop area is on a slab (the rest of...

From Pouring Garage Pad to Construction of Garage [ 4 Answers ]

How long to you have to wait after pouring the cement garage pad before you can begin construction on the garage?

Convert Truss Roof over garage into 'Stick' to use space [ 3 Answers ]

I have a garage with a truss roof (pre-built trusses) and I want to use the space by converting the trusses into 'stick' built. Is this possible? Where could I get info on supporting the roof with Headers to enlarge the space?

Rough-In for garage bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

I am in need of assistance. Looking for details on how to 'rough-in' my new garage for a bathroom. Have poured the footing and walls (below frost line). Have a 4" PVC installed in the wall for the waste line out. I have a design I would like to rough-in. Includes a toilet, shower, sink,...

Garage Bathroom Remodling [ 1 Answers ]

Hi folks! My husband and I are creating living space from our attached garage. ( he starts weeping now! ) We have a toilet drain and a 2" vented sink drain plumbed in the existing bathroom. We are raising the floor about 23inches off the floor slab and want to expand the bathroom to include a...

View more questions Search