Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Quagmire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2005, 12:12 PM
    Weight training
    Jus wondering can anyone help me. Any weight lifting excersises to build pectoral muscles? I have a set of free weights but no bench
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 11, 2005, 12:06 AM
    Though probably better for toning, push-ups are still a great exercise. You can vary your hand width from very close to very wide, elevate your feet to put more weight directly over your arms, or for a real challenge, have someone light sit lightly, positioned sideways, on your upper back (toward your shoulder blades, never on your lower back). Please don't do this if you have any known back problems of any sort.
    Using either a barbell or dumbbells. Holding the weights with your palms facing rear (toward the floor while lifting), lift to shoulder height with arms kept straight, then slowly lower. Though not great for specifically isolating the chest, this exercise will considerably develop your deltoids as well.
    Lying on a firm bed use a dumbbell to do a butterfly press one side at a time. Keeping one arm extended out all the way over the side, keeping your elbow moderately bent, palm facing up, raise your arm to a vertical position, then slower lower.
    This should get you started anyhow. I'll let you know if I think of any others. Hopefully other people have more suggestions. Good luck. :)
    bluefin Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2005, 06:32 AM
    Hello
    Well I had discussed this issue with my friend a few days ago on another forum by the name of http://www.imsickofbeingfat.com/* and he gave me very valuable tips

Lie on an incline bench with the back rest tilted at an angle of 300 to 450.Support your legs either on the ground or on the platform provided for this purpose at the lower end of the bench.

Take hold of the barbell with your hands grasping the bar far enough apart so that the forearm forms a right angle to the upper arm when the upper arm is parallel to the floor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight training after hernia surgery [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to undergo doulble ingunial hernia surgery. I hurt myself on the job but I also am an avid weight lifter. Is this operation going to result in me never being able to lift again or will it be OK after I deal completely?

Weight training [ 1 Answers ]

I am 46 years old. I have been weight trraining with medium weights for 2 years. Recently I have started getting a slight pain in my lower abs on the right side. Also a slight discomfort is felt at times in my right testicles and groin. Is this a kind of hernia? What exercises should I avoid to...

Weight training [ 4 Answers ]

I am 24 and am going to start lifting wights everyday. I don't want to get big, just fit. I am not to interested in leg excercises, I am going to jog. So I guess what I am asking is does anyone have a propgram for everyday that would get me fit. Thanks a lot

Weight training [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help. I have a bar with 4 weights. Two 15 lbs and two 4 lbs. I would like to tone up, build up my chest, become stronger then what I am now and just look bigger all together. I was wondering if its possible to achieve all this with what little weights I have. All I do now is have the...

Training [ 2 Answers ]

I have a five year old lab and golden retriver mix. I have a problem with him listening to me outside. He listens good to commands inside but when I take him out or he breaks loose he will not come back to me. I have never hit or abused him . I don't know what to do about it. He knows what...

View more questions Search