Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Sep 29, 2007, 07:09 PM
    I don't get it
    Some people only come on this site to ask one question, and then most of the time they won't even respond back to your answer. I have several instances where I was the only person to respond to a question but never got a response as to if my answer helped or not. Nine times out of ten, that question is the only post on that person's record. Isn't it proper etiquette to let someone know if their answer helped or not?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 07:12 PM
    It would be nice if everybody did that but many people only come here for one question. They are new to the site and it is not manatory to let somebody know if it helped them or not.

Also your answer whether it helped that person or not. Anybody else that is asking a similar question can be helped by your answer even if it did not get any response. Do you know what I mean?

Joe
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Sep 29, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Yeah
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Yes, but often people may come here, ask a question, then they basically forget they signed on, don't save the web site address and so on.
    Others just don't come back.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 08:26 PM
    I wonder how many people ask a question, get a poor answer, and go away convinced that AMHD is a bunch of dummies without ever checking to see if anybody else will give a better answer.

Yes I enjoy hearing what I said worked, but too often I am left wondering.

I don't think people should rate answers until they see if they work.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Here's from a previous post on this;

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/member...hd-119231.html
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Some people ask and sign out without waiting more than a few minutes. I tend to check their activity before I post. That doesn't mean I don't post, I frequently still do, but I don't expect the original poster to respond. My response is for anyone coming along after the fact. That way anyone can gain from my BS... :eek:
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Oct 3, 2007, 06:09 PM
    That is true Captain.. I do the same thing sometimes. However, sometimes I think people get impatient because they don't get an immediate response so they log off before anyone has a chance to read and reply. I was that way at first too. After awhile you learn to be patient and realize that you will get answers, sooner or later.
    icecream Posts: 160, Reputation: 6

Oct 5, 2007, 11:26 AM
    There missing out I think. I love this site since I signed on. I learned A lot on this site for sure. Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Then you get the people who sign on create a name specific to their question and after getting their answer create a new name for the next question.

I'm not sure if the default is to get e-mail when a response is posted. If it isn't it should be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search