These are shown as deleted but when I scan again they are still there
    When I do AVG virus scan - these do not show
    Helppppp please - are they there or not

Thanks
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2004, 07:49 PM
    Re: VIRUS
    G'day,

If you have the latest Trend Pattern, and patch you'll beable to isolate the virus and remove it.

You can also go through your System files in the windows\system, directory and manually delete it.

This virus is activated when a user opens an attachment from the decoy\dummie email address.
    If you receive a email from an unknown address delete it! Ie( jane RE:hey!) crap like that < just delete them.

Once active, them worm strips the users known addresses and address lists resends it self again making the chain continue.

Aliases: W32/Sober.g@MM, Win32.Sober.G, W32/Sober-G, Sober.G, I-Worm.Sober.G.

Pattern file needed: 890 (1.890.31). Scan engine needed: 6.500

Hope this helps! And remember to delete any suss emails.
    Tugela Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2004, 01:28 AM
    Thanks... I have got all the stuff I need from trend I even asked them and got info which unfortunately, being thick at pcs haha, I don't understand. I did go into the system files (after writing down from the scan exactly where they were) and then I can't delete those files. Some are there and others I can't find.
    The emails you mention, they are going to my outlook express which open when I click on them, but my virus scan is running so howcome I still get infected -------oooo I'm losing my mind here!!
    ANother thing please, I had to download a thing from trend Tsc - which apparently should have sorted this virus out but it does not - I think I am doing something wrong here... HEEELLLPPPP ::)
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2004, 07:15 PM
    Hey, chill!

All right I want you to get the program Stinger, it's a standalone virus scanner by 'Network Associates Inc.'
    It will pick up almost every known threat, as does trend. But I've found it removes some virus's that I had probs with such as sasser. <big Pain>

Also remember that the virus's could be running in the back ground, you need to quarintine the virus, which will stop the process runnning then remove the dead files.

I haven't got much time to go into where the exact files are and what there names are as they change.

If you've got PCCillin, (trend) there's quarintine folders, called ' virus', 'suspect' and or just 'temp'. This is where you find the dead files to remove. Mave sure you have the latest virus patchs and patterns. & windows updates.

Regards
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 15, 2004, 06:58 PM
    Run the free online anti-virus scanner at www.trendmicro.com and that should take care of your issue. I have found that trend micro and AVG, although they are free, work better than the paid versions of Norton and waaaaaay better than Mcaffee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virus, please help [ 15 Answers ]

I've got a message on my computer saying C:\WINDOW\TEMP\SE.DLL is infected with trojan horse start page.19.J I haven't a clue what to do, please help.

Please help me,Is it a virus or what? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi folks,, I am so happy to join this site cz it's the most valuable site in the whole net,, and I have a problem(as usual... lol) I want you please to help me through it... Actually it's 2 problems :confused:... first: whenever I try to close any program, a strange message -for instance- says: ...

Possible New Virus [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Emails are being circulated and forwarded with a new virus warning, for which there are not yet any Antivirus Definitions. The following may or may not be a Hoax. A new virus is going around. It comes to you in email with the subject line "A Card for You". If you open this email, the...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search