Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 29, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Is there fake hair color
    I s there something like spray or something to put color in the hair but washed out by shampoo? I mean no dye chemicals, do such a thing exist? If they do where can I get them, do they come in all colors? Thanks
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 03:27 PM
    I don't know where you live but in the UK boots does a range of colours that you can wash out. They make your hair a little crispy though as they are a bit like hair gel with colour in them.

Here is another one
    Goopping Mall - CosmeticMall - Kombin Hot Head Temporary Hair Color Spike'n Tubes (wash out)

Just go down to the chemist and look for non permanent hair dye and you will find loads

Good Luck and have fun
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 29, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Thank you for replying. I live in Toronto, Canada. I have Japanese straightening treatment, I just want to make sure these colors have no chemicals what so ever, 'cause I dyed my hair with the japanese treatment and it cause sever hair loss, so I want to be careful this time, thanks again
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Whatever you use will have chemicals in it I'm afraid, it's the nature of the beast!

However less abrasive hair dyes are the henna dyes, which are made from plants and don't contain peroxide or ammonia which is probably what you want to avoid. There are some downsides to henna as well though such as you can't put it over synthetic dyes or overdye it with them, this site is brilliant for the pros and cons - Mookychick henna

Here is another less aggressive hir dye product (I have never used this one thought)
    Naturtint, Herbatint Vegetal & Surya Hair Colours

I don't know what Japanese hair straightening is so I don't know if these are actually good options - they are just suggestions for you to look in to. Also I am not a hairdresser just someone who dyes their hair a lot!

Good luck to you, If I were you I'd go to a salon to make sure I got the best advice possible as they should know all the tricks!
    eris8656 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Oct 1, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Around halloween there are cans of spray on hair dye that comes in every color for around $3.00, its kind of like a colored hair spray. It washes out with shampoo.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 05:05 PM
    You can get semi-permanent hair dye that washes out after 20 or so washes. It's in the same isle as the regular hair dye.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter? [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my...

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

How to get dark hair color dye out of my hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell me how to get dark brown hair color out of my hair. It is Nice and Easy and way too dark for my complexion. Any help would be much Appreciated. Thanks,

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

View more questions Search