Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZaneBlaze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Pin broke inside headphone jack!
    Ok, the pin broke inside headphone jack, and I can't get it out. SO my computer thinks I have headphones plugged in. One thing, the case Won't come off (stupid Lenovo comp.), and It's kind of down in there far. Also, it's closed in, so I can't do anything even if I get the stupid think open! All I want to do is disable the headphones and make the sound come out of the speakers, but I can't find how to do it, if I can.

PLEASE HELP!
    Lici

EDIT: I can't OPEN MY LAPTOP!
    2nd Edit: Ok, I shoved another pair of headphones into the jack and pushed the broked piece all the way through, so I have sound. No, this wasn't the SMARTEST idea, but I have sound. :D
    Fraser257 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 02:59 PM
    If the headphone jack is listed in Device Manager (assuming that you're using Windows), you could try uninstalling the device from there. Note that if that works, you might need to do it every time you start the laptop, as it will detect that it has been uninstalled and reinstall it.

If you can't open your laptop, you'll need to connect it to an external dispay source, such as an LCD TV. You'll need to check your instruction manual for info on how to do this.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Get real good glue, on the end of a toothpick, wait until cured, leave alone, next day pull out, sooner if quick setting.
    Be Exact, don't get excess on other surfaces.
    aliasmiller Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser257
    If the headphone jack is listed in Device Manager (assuming that you're using Windows), you could try uninstalling the device from there. Note that if that works, you might need to do it every time you start the laptop, as it will detect that it has been uninstalled and reinstall it.

If you can't open your laptop, you'll need to connect it to an external dispay source, such as an LCD TV. You'll need to check your instruction manual for info on how to do this.

WHERE WOULD THAT BE ON THE DEVICE MANAGER!!
    Fraser257 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 02:23 PM
    The actual H/P jack will probably NOT be listed in Device Manager, I should have used 'Sound Card/Driver' or 'Audio Controller'. Also, note the use of the word 'IF' when I mentioned the headphone jack.

Please don't use capital letters either, we don't want the forums turning into a war zone. :)
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Mar 30, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Lol it will never be in device manager as its just and output from the soudcard, and while anythings in there the speakers will NOT work

Short of trying the toothpic and STRONG glue (use araldite) there's nowt much you can do :(
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 09:44 AM
    This post was made in sept

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a headphone jack plug for TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a portable 14" TV without a jack plug. Is it straightforward to install (by soldering) a jack plug between the speaker and circuit board. I.e cutting the cable leading up to the speaker and soldering a jack plug. If this is possible will the speaker cut out the sound when headphones and...

USA 4 pin 240v converted to Fiji 3 pin 240 v [ 7 Answers ]

I am in Fiji with a Coleman 110v / 240v gen set and want to adapt my 4 pin female receptacle to accommodate Fiji's 3 pin 240v plugs. I know my get set is 60 hertz and the power tools here are 50 hertz.

My min pin [ 1 Answers ]

My min pin was spayed, she is a year old now, she has lately been acting like she wants to mate with my wife's feet,specifically the toe.there is no blood involved and I asked the vet and she said that this is strange behavior.is it

Headphone and Mic for broadcast quality [ 7 Answers ]

I'm looking for a headphone and mic combo that plugs into my PC that will give me broadcast quality. I use one now with my sound card, but it sounds tinney and not rich tones. Can you recommend such a headphone with mic combo. I will be putting my speaking programs on video using a video...

View more questions Search