Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ali_Lyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 12:31 PM
    I have feelings for my friend, but he doesn't know.
    I have been developing feelings for my friend for quite some time, but he still doesn't know about them. How can I let him know without ruining our friendship if he doesn't feel the same way towards me?
    mconroy1399 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Sep 29, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Go for it.. the best love comes from friendship. You have nothing to lose at this point and I think that he should know. He might be thinking the same thing as you. Does he have a girlfriend? If he does, then you probably shouldn't. I liked someone for 18 years and still never told him because I was afraid. I always keep thinking about the "what ifs". Please girl do me a favor and tell him.. don't end up like me and shooting yourself in the foot because you never told him. If you are really that good of friends, then you should be friends afterwards also.
    Silent Breeze Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Sep 30, 2007, 04:55 AM
    I think you should go for it as well, and if he really is a good friend he will continue to be friends with you even if he doesn't feel the same way about you. There is nothing to lose, if he feels the same way you'll win an amazing boyfriend, and if he doesn't you'll stay his friend and with time you'll find another guy that may be even better who will catch your breath and dazzle you whenever he comes by.
    2tonearmy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 01:02 AM
    This may seem sneaky, but possibly you could get a mutual friend of yours, and his, that he would be willing to confide in, persuade them to possibly joke around about the idea of you and him dating, and see what his reaction is.
    But with that approach, there is always the chance that he won't open up and admit his feelings for you.

Just do your best, possibly do some reading up on interpreting the feelings of others and/or body language, it may help you with your predicament.

Goodluck!!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 03:37 AM
    Let him know. It is the risk you take. It might change things or it might not. The fear of losing a friendship but what if you gain even a stronger relationship and more? It is a risk but I do believe that you should take that chanch.

Best wishes. Remember it is your decision on what to do. If it does not work out remember you would never have known unless you asked. Many people are afraid of losing a friendship but I believe the best way to develop into something greater is to start with friendship first anyway.

It did work with me. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have feelings for my friend! [ 4 Answers ]

I have talked to this girl named Haylei since school started. We talked but I never seen us more than that, until recently. I had a girlfriend named Lisa Marie. We were dating when I started gaining feelings for Haylei. The feelings have become so strong that I couldn't take the guilt and...

Does soon-to-be married friend have feelings for me? [ 4 Answers ]

We were just friends, but I felt that things were tending to go to a romantic interest. I know he was interested and I know that marriage was something that he wanted as part of his future. At the time, I wasn't looking for a husband. I decided that I didn't want to go that route. So, I sent him a...

Feelings for my Gay?/Anti-Social? Friend [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all- This may seem dumb, but I have NO idea what about this guy at my school. We have been aquaintances for two years and taken many classes together. We have had deep conversations about many things, and though we do not always understand I walk away feeling fulfilled. We always have great...

Guy Friend Pushing Me Away After Discovering My Romantic Feelings [ 11 Answers ]

I met and befriended a guy during my first year of college. We grew close and he ended up living with me and two other girls as my roommate. Throughout the duration of our time together, we've had a platonic relationship with maybe a few drunken kisses and cuddling sessions, even though I've been...

Still have feelings for ex [ 1 Answers ]

Moved to relationships

View more questions Search