Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizard20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Confused what to do about my baby's father
    I'm 8 months and 1 week pregnant and my boyfriend decides he's moving out to be with his friends I want to know if I have to give the baby his last name and does his name have to be on the birthcertificate because I want to give the baby my name for all the stress he has put me through I live in the state of Texas please help with this I don't want to loose my baby he's fighting depression real bad and he forgets things alt I don't want my baby to be around him tell me what I can do
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Sep 29, 2007, 11:34 AM
    I'm almost 100% certain that women are still allowed to list the father as 'unknown' on the child's birth certificate. Mine is that way, but that was also back in 83. As for the last name, you most certainly can give your child your last name. You can call your local courthouse to be certain.
    shaboo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 10:22 PM
    In most states the father MUST consent to the birth certificate signature. I couldn't put the bio-father's name on... Please take my advise. GET ALL of the child's rights in you name ASAP. This can always be changed later. If he is unsure of his situation in the child's life. Make it for him. Take charge. You life can and will change if he leaves it. You may meet the man of your dreams who want the child but, unless you take the action to teminate his rights or fully establish yours... you will be tied to this man's "will" for the rest of your life. You can still make the right decision to include the bio-father in the child's life to the degree that's appropriate. But at least you will be able to control what is right for your child since you may be raising it alone.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2007, 09:23 AM
    You can give the baby any last name you want. As for not wanting the baby to be around him, that's not going to be the case if he decides he wants visitation. If he gets court-ordered visitation, then if you attempt to deny him that you could be held in contempt of court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My baby's father [ 6 Answers ]

Will Jonathan alexander garcia come back for me and his baby? Am I going to have a baby?:(

Pregnant confused about what to do about father [ 18 Answers ]

So I am 6 months pregnant. I live with my parents because they asked me to stay with them to get away from my baby's father for a few months until I found a place to live. The reason my parents wanted me out of his house was that he has a drinking problem and one night he head butted me in the nose...

How Do I Give my baby's Father Full custody [ 2 Answers ]

I want to give my baby's dad full custody of our baby. What do I need to do

Baby's father and I disagreeing [ 22 Answers ]

My baby's father is giving me hell because I won't name the baby after him, but I'm being nice enough to choose to give him his last name, because I am 6 months pregnant and he hasn't given me a single dollar since I been pregnant. He's been on and off jobs, he hasn't provided for anything I don't...

Boyfriend wants to be my baby's father [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio and my baby's father has not even been around even for the pregnancy. My boyfriend wants to be the baby's father but we do not know how to go about it. I know he can't just sign the birth certificate. How do we go about the adoption so he can legally be my baby's father?

View more questions Search