Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    star3114 Posts: 234, Reputation: 44

Oct 2, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Hah!! That is what we say of the Iowegians... Funny isn't it?
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 2, 2007, 07:01 PM
    No, trust me, Wisconsiners are much worse.

Oct 2, 2007, 07:10 PM
    The Ioweigens drive 50 in a 65... block you from passing... don't use their signal light... and will often swerve on the road because they are looking at something on the side of the road... how can you get worse?

Oct 2, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Wisconsiners are the same except when they drive they think they're still in the hospital.

Oct 2, 2007, 07:15 PM
    LOL... You win! Well, I got to run. It is getting late here and I have an early morn. Good night all!!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Australia, that's like New Zealand right?
    No, more like where Arnold Schwarzenegger comes from. At least that's what some of our americans think!
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Oct 2, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I would say you need to live alot more before you start having stupid judgements of an entire group of people
    Isn't that a case of the pot calling the kettle black!

Oct 2, 2007, 10:16 PM
    I think Americans' jokes about Canadians are more playful than offensive. Canadian and American culture are very similar and I think most everyone in America knows that (I'm from the north, so maybe I've just picked up on that from my summers on the Canadian North Shore of Lake Superior). I do agree with your friends from CA that we learn little about Canada. The only thing I really remember learning in a classroom was that the British Monarchy acts as the Canadian head of state (ooo, maybe that's not the right word, but you all know what I mean).

Oct 2, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by star3114
    The Ioweigens drive 50 in a 65...block you from passing.....don't use their signal light....and will often swerve on the road because they are looking at something on the side of the road.....how can you get worse?
    HA!! They may go 50 in a 65, but get them on a gravel road and they'll break 80 easily!

Oct 2, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Minnesota is an hilarious state, watch the movie Drop Dead Gorgeous. Although over-the-top, some of it is freakishly realistic. Sorry to sway off the orig. topic, but I had to mention that film.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    I would take a truck load of Canadians over one English. The English really are a nasty lot.
    Says the one insulting us
    glamourgal Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    In Australia we are taught that Canada is a state of America... Talk about prejudiced teachers getting it wrong!! ;)
    that is true Canada is a state in America;)

Oct 8, 2007, 08:38 PM
    I hope you're joking.

By the way, I'm a Senior Member! I will now bring doom to the world. Mwhahahahahahahaha!!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by glamourgal
    that is true Canada is a state in America;)
    One of the things I learned from living in Canada for awhile is that there are three nations that share this continent, and the citizens of the other two sometimes resent it when citizens of the United States use the term American to refer to themselves only.

Oct 9, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    One of the things I learned from living in Canada for awhile is that there are three nations that share this continent, and the citizens of the other two sometimes resent it when citizens of the United States use the term American to refer to themselves only.
    You're right. I was caught of guard. Canada is in America, just not the US. I feel dumb now.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Lol its an age thing

Oct 9, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Not in my case. Or maybe it is. Where am I?

Oct 9, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Love-Life
    Just a question for everyone. I live in Canada and in social class we are taught that Americans are selfish, ruthless, and take advantage of Canadians. When I have gone to the U.S I have found a difference in the way people treat you, they seem less friendly and courteous. Also, when on Xbox live, or on t.v shows, Americans like to make stupid jokes about Canadians living in igloos, always saying eh ect ect. I think its ridiculous how the American media will diss Canadians, when we're the peace keepers of the world and dont say or do the same things to Americans. We have many many different lessons in school based on the American economy and their way of life. I have friends who have moved here from California, and they said they havent really ever learned anything about Canada; probably the reason Americans are convinced we are eskimos living in the tundra. Tell me if Im wrong, but most Americans are ignorant to Canada's way of life, and in response to that, are very rude to us.
    There's something I wanted to add but I forgot to. You shouldn't base your view of US citizens (I remembered this time) from people on xbox live. That's pretty much just one group of people, in some respect. They're gamers, that's what they do. The rest of the U.S. is different from them. A lot of us are cultured. A lot of us are not cultured. Some of us don't even know what cultured means. Most do though (I hope).
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Hey! Are u saying gamers aren't cultured
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 05:05 PM
    I judge the entire world and everything that happens in it from xbox live. I find it to be an exact scale of the socio-economical state of the world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

America and mexico [ 80 Answers ]

Do you think that the government should either build a fence across the us-mexico border or do something else to stop the flow of illegal immigrants?

Moving from America. [ 1 Answers ]

My friend moved to America some years ago but is still a UK citizen. She has had 2 children whilst over there and the are American citizens how could she move back to England with her children? She really needs to come back.

Cuban to america to canada to in limbo [ 2 Answers ]

I will make is short and brief. I am dating a cuban. His storey is that he left cuba to marry an american, but got himself in trouble with the law ( charged with intent of arson, and threats). He was charged and was supposed to serve time but fled to canada before serving his time or applying...

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

View more questions Search