Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Farmgirl Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Real, Accredited, Online Universities
    I'm looking to transfer to an online college--the on-campus scene just isn't cutting it for me anymore. When I didn't have a baby, things were different, but my needs have changed, and I am looking for an actual on-line or one day a week university that is not only accredited, but that future employers won't laugh at when I join the workforce. I'm an accounting major/e-commerce minor, and I need the flexibility that a non-traditional "campus" can give me without having employers of large firms see that on my resume and laughing at me.

I'm 23, and at a traditional college, I'm scheduled to graduate in about 3 semesters, but I am barely scraping through this semester, and I know it's only going to get worse as we get farther and farther in debt from me driving a long distance to campus/paying for daycare/wear and tear on a vehicle/etc. My husband is currently looking for a job, but we don't know for sure where we'll end up, and don't want to be tied down to a specific place like we would be if I were to continue my education at a traditional university--thus limiting my husbands search efforts for a job. I can't afford to "drop out" because we've already overspent our savings trying to pay for me to commute to the nearest university. I've already taken all the online classes that this university (and other local universities) offers, so I had to take them on-campus, which has put a financial strain on us.

Does anyone know of an on-line university that is accepted by the business world as a valid college? It also has to accept the normal methods of Financial Aid. I qualify for a full pell, and I can't take out any more student loans, so it has to be approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education--however that works...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 29, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Please refer to THIS THREAD
    Farmgirl Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 09:41 AM
    So are there really no "online universities" that give a good education? The college I'm currently attending doesn't offer many classes online so that I could finish my degree, but if there are some State Universities that anyone knows of that offer a vast amount of online classes (I'm hoping to finish out my Bachelor's in Accounting) I'd be interested in hearing about them.

It's hard to believe that no universities in this "age of technology" offer a way to complete your degree online... :(
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 09:44 AM
    The University of Phoenix is somewhat well received:

University of Phoenix - About Us - Accreditations and Licensures
    AlwaysCarryASpoon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 09:27 PM
    There are several "regular" universities that offer online degree programs (although they are somewhat hard to find). Here's one: Northwest Online | welcome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for real online jobs .getting payment at home! [ 19 Answers ]

I'm looking for part-time online jobs... which are real... n pays you well.. anybody with any info about this ans me... or send me the links...

Recognised Best online Universities for work Experience degree [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Any University which is recognised by Department of Education either regional or State. Offering Life Experience or Work Experience degrees.

Online accredited college or university [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this site... I'm wondering if anyone knows about a good online accredited college or university with minimum pay?? I've completed 12th Grade from Calicut University, Kerala, India and am interested in Business Management. [email protected]

US accredited Online Master degree Programs in Civil Engineering [ 1 Answers ]

CAn U give me list of US accredited Online Master degree Programs in Civil Engineering. Is Online Master degree Programs in Civil Engineering offered by Bellford Unversity is accredited by US agencies.

View more questions Search