Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 02:11 PM
    QuikFeedmeplz,

I hope you are reading the posts above. They say it all. Life isn't easy but you musn't let it beat you down.
    GeniusfromGeniusHell Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Oct 7, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Telling you that it will pass is not helping, I know. It never does. It's like telling you that your new shoes will stop being uncomfortable at some point: it doesn't change anything.

It's the first time this has happened to you, yes? I am guessing this because when you allow a person to mean "everything", then you risk losing everything. Seldom do we make this mistake twice. She is NOT everything. YOU are everything.

My only advice is not to do anything rash while you are suffering. Yes, you'll suffer a bit. Don't compound your pain by groveling or chasing her; this will only make you ashamed of yourself when it doesn't work, and it won't.

This is the Big One we all go through at some point. Be strong, trooper.
    MissingHim2Much Posts: 252, Reputation: 37

Oct 8, 2007, 10:19 PM
    You are not alone here. I too thought my ex was everything. I wanted to die when he left me for another woman. The pain was so bad I can only describe it as grieving a death. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was devastated. I truly wanted to die. Except I knew that wasn't an option. I have 2 wonderful sons and a beautiful granddaughter so leaving them just couldn't happen. I found this website and everyone said it would get better in time. I thought if they only knew how much pain I was in they wouldn't say that to me. But I found out they do know how much pain I was in. I soon found out that most of them too had been in the midst of heartbreak at one time or another. And the people that I thought were crazy for telling me it would get better, they were actually right and now 3 months have pasted since he left and I don't want to die anymore. To tell the truth I'm starting to wonder why I thought he was everything in the first place.
    MissingHim2Much Posts: 252, Reputation: 37

Oct 9, 2007, 01:40 AM
    Actually I did think all of you were crazy. I just knew you couldn't even begin to know how much pain I was in and if you only knew how I really felt you would all know it wasn't going to be possible for me to ever get over it and feel better. Back then I thought I was the only one to ever feel heartbreak like this. LOT LOT I KNEW. LOL
    QuikFeedmeplz Posts: 36, Reputation: -1

Oct 9, 2007, 09:50 AM
    THERE IS hopeeeeeee ! : )))
    KK... so I had the balls to text my ex after 6 days.. just to say Hi. Her friend answered and said this isn't her # anymore.. I asked who this is? He said it was jorge ( a guy friend of hers that I know also) I'm thinking I'm my head.. if he's telling me its NOT her number anymore why does he have her phone? Then he called me.. it sounded like a little kid from her church that I also know..
    So I KNOW it was all played out.. she had her phone.. and was playing it as she didn't cuase she didn't know what to do.. . She wanted me to think that she didn't care anymore when I KNOW she does... it's a stupid thing girls do.. I know how they are... ts immature but you... they do it...
    Then yesterday I texted her.. saying monica I know its you, I need to tlak to you.
    She answered acting as she didn't care...
    We texted back and worth like 15 times... as we texted more and more.. I knew she was happy that I texted her.. she was excited to tell me about her weeken and things she did. She also told me that she kind of knows what will happen. I Didn't ask, but she said her EX is in the pic still.. but NOT as a couple, they are just church friends. I asked her hmmm where am I in all this? She said mb as a friend.. I was like damn.. only as a friend.. I was hoping best friends.. she said... well see how things go lol.
    So I'm not really hurt anymore cuase I know deep inside that we will be together... not now.. maybe in a few months or next year.. until then.. I'm just going to grow back our friendship I had with her and take it ONE step at a time... I seen a pic of her on Tuesday.. last time I talked to her.. and she was like crying in the pic.. I guess she was hurt maybe thinking she messed up or something. But anyway.. I see HOPE... not now.. but in the future I do...
    I mean.. I DO realize now why we broke up and everything... she Told me that she wants to forget her EX before we continue to go on with our relationship.. I know it sounds stupid.. but really.. that's HONESTLY.. she NEVER lied or anything to me before.. and she even told me many times.. don't worry.. it will be over soon and this and that.. I know she's not lying.. I know deep inside she wants it to work as much as I do.. she only needs time.. everyone goes though this.
    Thanks for all the support guys... really HELPED a lot.. I thought my life was over and everything... I got scared when she said she needed time for us TO HELP us.. not to make it worst.. but I was thinking bad things..
    trishatony Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 04:39 PM
    As you can see you are clearly not the only one who has been through the hell of a break up, but my first suggestion is to take a look at yourself because from what I am reading I get that you did not have a life before her and you just think that she is your life and once you come to terms with the person that you are, then you will be able to love someone else. Never let someone else hold your life in there hands it is not fair to her or to you. Get better acquainted with yourself.
    jasondbel Posts: 165, Reputation: -6

Dec 10, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    Good advice
    jasondbel Posts: 165, Reputation: -6

Dec 10, 2008, 10:06 AM

Its over man. A break is a break up. Especially when you are young. There are exceptions to the rule. For the most part its over.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 10:17 AM

Break Up = The real way of saying it is over

Break = Cowardly way of saying it is over
    brian1231 Posts: 113, Reputation: 6

Dec 10, 2008, 12:32 PM

Green means go. You deserve better.
    SydneyEdsill Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 12:30 PM

Sammee thing happened to me with my boyfriend. He said he needed a break to figure things out. And how he thinks he doenst give me the attention I deserve. I never text him untilh e texts me first I don't want to be weird and clingy. He'll text me saying he's thinking about me and stuff. We hungout yesterday. And he told me he still loved me and all that stuff, and how when he saw me hurt it killed him inside.
    So I don't know how long breaks last. But jeeze don't they wear you down? I feel like complete all the time. I can't even be happy I'm always thiking about him

I don't know what to doooo :(
    kdomi002 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 04:27 AM

I am in a similar situation and its only been about three days. He decided we needed to break up because he said that he couldn't give me the attention I deserved because he is really focusing on his new career.

We have been in contact after the break up mostly to resolve that we do need some time apart. We decided that we will keep each other updated on things every once in a while, and I miss him so much already. I know that he loves me and I love him. But him being a guy, and I know him, its much easier for him to not contact me for a while.

My family and I are attending his graduation in four days, but after that its going to be a while before I talk to or see him. I'm just going to focus on my life for a while and hope that he realizes that he misses me and wants to be with me. I have to be strong and not call or text him for that to happen.

Its hard, but he is worth it. No matter what anyone says I love him and I have hope that we will get back together, I don't know when or how. Hang in there, we were together 4 years, I hope that he doesn't forget me that easily.

Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return Duct Won't Stay On Collar In Crawl Space [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell me what I can do to keep the flexible air duct on the metal collar of my return. Return box is built of metal with a metal collar (the normal stuff used for HVAC). The collar faces downward into the crawl space approximately 3 foot to the ground. I cannot keep the flexible duct on...

My girl of 3 years has asked for space [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, mygirlfriend of 3 years has said she is not hapy and needs to go to her mums to sort her head out. We have lived together for 2 years and she has gone to her mums before about a year ago, but she came back. We don't really argue but we do bicker a lot about nothing and when she drinks at...

Don't know what to do. My girl wants space [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for nearly a year and she tells me now she wants some space. She feels trapped. It came as a shock. I thought we were getting on so well. Everyone loved our relationship. She said she would like to see a future for us. I don't know how to act around her, as I don't...

My Girl is Asking For Space [ 105 Answers ]

Me and my girl have been together for a year and one month. Everything was swell until a few weeks ago. She started acting weird. She never wanted to be on the phone any more, she stopped coming over and just invited me to spend the night a few time (we are still young, I'm 16 she is 17). Ive known...

How long must they stay? [ 1 Answers ]

What period must I allow my tenants to 'stay' in my residence after being served with an eviction notice for non-payment of rent? Is the time frame the same throughout the State of Texas or does it vary by county?

View more questions Search