Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetspice0711 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Mother Evicting Daughter And Kids
    I am new to this, so here it goes:

Two years ago my husband of 17 yrs abandoned the family (3 kids), didn't even say good-bye. This was emotionally traumatic for all of us. As a result the kids and I had to move back home. My mother is fed up with my son's behavior yet condones the abusive behavior of my oldest (now 18), by telling me she can act and say what she wants because it is her home. She doesn't want us to live there anymore and is submitting notice for us to be evicted. Part of my son's behavior is the fact she has been borderline physically abusive to him and have asked her to not hit him or cuss him out when I am at work. I have had a myriad of car problems financially and haven't helped her with the bills for several months. I am in the process of getting the paperwork for housing assistance and grants for my family in the process. She is making what has been an emotionally difficult time even worse for the kids and myself. Even to the degree she screamed at the top of her lungs that she hated her grandchildren and wanted no part of them anymore. I work full-time and don't date, do drugs, and even have the kids in church. Because this is her house she claims she can do what she wants to me and the kids. Can she?
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Oct 1, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Answer is YES. In the mean time hurry with the paperwork related to home and education assistance. Why would your mother have to resort to eviction? All that she has to say to you is, my dear I would like to live alone so you'll have to find another place for you and your kids. And then you say, I understand mom and if you'll give me time to fill out these forms for assistance I would be very grateful and as far as the money I owe you I will repay every cent to you. Now if your mom throws this back in your face you will have only one option; put her on restriction for 1 week and that includes no Judge Judy or Oprah.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I feel like my mother hates me, even though when I say this she denies it, yet she never says I love you either. She is constantly criticizing me and giving unasked for advice about things that are not her business. She accuses me of being arrogant and haughty and a lot of other not nice things,...

Evicting 18 yr old daughter New York [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New York. My daughter is irresponsible---no job and not looking. Can I give her a time frame to get a job and pay rent? How long do I have to wait to evict her. Tx, Tami

Evicting my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is very violent and when the police get here they say she lives here and she is allowed to stay. What do I do to evict her?she does not pay rent or anything she is also 35 years old.

Mother-daughter [ 11 Answers ]

For the last 8 years I have cared for a mom with Alzheimer's disease, and a 38 year-old daughter with breast cancer. Both have died. My oldest daughter was not there to help with the care of mom and her sister; claims no one in the family was there for her; blames me (mom) and never her dad, for...

Kids are US Citizens, but Mother is not... [ 1 Answers ]

I have a young man (age 7) who is in my Boyscout Den. I called his home recently to remind him of when our meetings would start this fall. His father a US Citizen let me know that his mother (England Citizenship) took him and his sister (age 4) to England without his consent and says that she...

View more questions Search