Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Sep 29, 2007, 04:21 AM
    Across the universe
    Across The Universe - Official Site

"At once gritty, whimsical and highly theatrical, Revolution Studios' Across the Universe is an original movie musical springing from the imagination of renowned director Julie Taymor (Frida, Titus, and the Broadway smash hit musical "The Lion King") and writers Clement & Ian La Frenais (The Commitments).

A love story set against the backdrop of the 1960s amid the turbulent years of anti-war protest, mind exploration and rock 'n roll, the film moves from the dockyards of Liverpool to the creative psychedelia of Greenwich Village, from the riot-torn streets of Detroit to the killing fields of Vietnam. The star-crossed lovers, Jude (Jim Sturgess) and Lucy (Evan Rachel Wood), along with a small group of friends and musicians, are swept up into the emerging anti-war and counterculture movements, with "Dr. Robert" (Bono) and "Mr. Kite" (Eddie Izzard) as their guides. Tumultuous forces outside their control ultimately tear the young lovers apart, forcing Jude and Lucy – against all odds – to find their own way back to each other.
    "

Came out Yesterday in theaters i believe.
    OKAY.
    This movie was AMAZING.
    I fell in love with it. If it was a person I'd marry it.

Yea, I guess you can say its a 2 hour music video but its just igjiogkhsdkj i love it!

Its just truley amazing and artistic and the music is great (Of course, its THE BEATLES!)
    Its sad a bit and graphic. Even though there is nudity it isnt put out like "Oh isn't she sexy!" Its really is more artistic then it is to lust over. All the scenes were awesome, it makes you feel as if your tripping on acid, its very trippyish but it great.
    If you are a Beatles fan you MUST go see this movie. I recommend it.

It is one of the best movies ever!

Long Live Beatles!

What did you think about this movie? I give it 4 and a half stars
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 04:27 AM
    I don't know about the movie since I have not seen it. But, because I love to watch good movies and because of your kind review, I think that I will try to find it and purchase it so that I can watch and enjoy it. I do love the Beatles, by the way!
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Sep 29, 2007, 04:31 AM
    I've seen Help and A Hard Day's Night. Both great movies.

Sep 29, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Clough, this movie just came out in theaters, so if you want you should go watch it :)

Biggie,
    Really? I don't think I as around when they came out.. .
    I should check them out deffinatly.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    Clough, this movie just came out in theaters, so if you want you should go watch it :)
    Thank you! I didn't know that! You have just given me a reason to go out to the movies!

Sep 29, 2007, 04:39 AM
    Hahahah xD
    Yay.
    I promise you will like it.
    I normally hate going out ot the movies because I say, If I'm going to spend 10 dolalrs to sit there watchiing a giant TV screen I might as well do it at home for free but I would see this movie 5 more times, Im soooo buying the sound track =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Across The Universe [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name to the song that he starts singing at the very biggening "is there anyone going to listen to my story, or about the girl who came to stay?" Here's the link to the trailer MySpaceTV: Across The Universe Trailer by Nugeman :) Thank you soooo much

Expandidng Universe [ 6 Answers ]

What is the universe expanding inside of?

The Expansion Of The Universe [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Nathanael Turner, I am 15 years old so my analogy may not be 'correct' but you get the general picture: My Question: 1)Will the universe carry on expanding for an infinate amount of time? OR 2)Will its mass eventually cause it to impload under its own gravitational...

The Universe [ 3 Answers ]

Is the Universe symmetrical? I know it's contantly expanding, but are all sides expanding at the same rate?

Laws of the Natural Universe [ 2 Answers ]

1. Law of Mechanical Repair: After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch or you'll have to pee. 2. Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner. 3. Law of Probability: The probability of being watched is directly...

View more questions Search