Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Big Websites that are not Firefox friendly
    Microsoft.com
    Huntington.com (I hear many banking sites are not Firefox friendly)
    Games.yahoo.com

What other big sites have you run across that are not Firefox friendly?
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Sep 28, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Of course Microsoft isn't going to be friendly with any browser but IE. That's pretty sad if you ask me. It doesn't get much worse than IE.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 10:28 AM
    There is an add-on that allows you to open sites with IE in a Firefox window. Very nice.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 11:19 AM
    IE Tab

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419
    Will00 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Some Internet Explorer intended sites will not work well on Firefox, but the IE Tab add is for Firefox 1.5. The newest version of Firefox is 2.0.0.7. But for most sites, all you need to do to view Firefox unfriendly is enable DirectX. As well as enabling some plug ins that may have been enabled defaulted with Internet Explorer. Firefox Plug ins .
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2007, 08:38 AM
    I've not had any problems with Paypal, but I looked up an issue in their help section today and they speak of a browser issue and give instructions on how to tweak IE, Netscape and AOL but not Firefox.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 04:29 AM
    List of sites:
    Sites that make Firefox sad
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 05:01 AM
    ''excuse me s, but I don't have to view your site at all. '' Edit- the quote got censored. That word isn't my style anyhow.

Right. Some of us are a little older and have managed most of our adult life without any web page. Since I don't work for Wal-Mart, there isn't any of those pages I have to browse. Maybe the retail unions need to put up a website any browser works with.

You want to sell me something? Why do you put up a web site I find difficult? Must I have not only Windows and IE, but Flash and JAVA too? And they wonder why their online sales stink.

I don't know it was Firefox and Mandrake, but I gave up trying to find what I wanted on Sprint's website the other day. Guess I will go take up somebody's time at one of their retail outlets.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 05:09 AM
    As Linux gains more ground and people stop using browsers that allow ActiveX, these websites will likely see exactly what you are describing - a defection of clients to competitors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he flirting or just being friendly? [ 16 Answers ]

I had car trouble and had to call a local garage for help. When the help arrived he got things fixed was friendly and charged me way less than expected. Skip ahead I needed help again same man came to help , fixed the car for the time told me to bring it in next day for repair. He did not charge me...

Proxy off websites because the school blocked mostly all websites [ 2 Answers ]

Can you give me as many proxy off websites that you know because at my school I can't play games or go to myspace or to Yahoo. So can you help me?

In a big, BIG hole. Have small shovel. [ 1 Answers ]

I was just served papers for a debt that I owe on a vehicle that was repo'ed. The vehicle, which was a 2005 Lotus Elise was purchased by myself and a company (the company did not have sufficient credit to purchase the car and I did not have the income to purchase the car, but together we were...

Friendly with guys [ 4 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend was talking to a girl before me and him got together. I was upset that he was still communicating with her so we kept arguing about her every time she came to mind. Now that we are not together, I found out that she is friendly with a lot of guys around the area. Even though we are...

Friendly user printing [ 2 Answers ]

Hope you can give me a good answer. SOMEONE IS designing a php mail form but also needS to include a button TO PRINT THE FORM once it's been filled out by the user. The browser printing option is not the answer because the printing it does, is not nice at all and secondly, because it wouldn't...

View more questions Search