Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Nickelodeon off the air
    I'm not one for political correct do-gooderisms... and admittedly this one could be argued as a marketing scheme... but I won't be in that camp.

Nickelodeon is going to go off the air for 3 hours to tell the kids to go out and play :)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ck=1&cset=true
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 05:53 AM
    LOL what about the other 50 kids channels??
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 28, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Booooo... It wants me to sign up to read that page!

*Applauds Nickelodeon* though! Good on them, even if it is a marketing ploy!

(Always loved "Ed, Edd and Eddy " too!)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 05:54 AM
    I don't subscribe the Chicago Tribune, so I can't view the article. I don't want to get into politics, but health issues, you know I am there.

Childhood obesity is an epidemic in the US. One reason, too much TV. I remember not having any children's programming (or very little actually) growing up except for the most exciting day of the week SATURDAY!! For about 3 hours we had cartoons, oh the joys of Saturday.

What did we do the rest of the week? We played. We were healthier than the generation of today. Not all because of TV and cartoons, but that is a part of the health problem.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 05:56 AM
    That actually makes me chuckle... On Fridays my homework is usually Go outside to play... but kids don't know how to play like we used too...

Sep 28, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I don't subscribe the the Chicago Tribune, so I can't view the article. I don't want to get into politics, but health issues, you know I am there.

Childhood obesity is an epidemic in the US. One reason, too much TV. I remember not having any children's programming (or very little actually) growing up except for the most exciting day of the week SATURDAY!!! For about 3 hours we had cartoons, oh the joys of Saturday.

What did we do the rest of the week? We played. We were healthier than the generation of today. Not all because of TV and cartoons, but that is a part of the health problem.
    Possibly the best post I've read all week! Made me smile and very nostalgic for "Live and Kicking" ... oh the good old days of "playing out" all day long! Very true as well! Big up your bad self J_9! :D
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Sep 28, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Yo.Bring back Tiswas,and the Phantom Pie Thrower.And Spit the dog... :D
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Odd... I don't subscribe either, but pulled the article off a Google search. I heard it on Paul Harvey this morning so just googled it and found a link. I don't know why y'all can't see it. I do remember that there were links to other news sites about it.
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Sep 29, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    LOL what about the other 50 kids channels????
    Heck yes CBW!
    It would have been good if the TV companies (well more than one) had got together and shown a united front!

Will all the nic channels be doing it at once?

Sep 29, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    Yo.Bring back Tiswas,and the Phantom Pie Thrower.And Spit the dog... :D
    And steam-trains? He he he... only messing! :D :D
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 29, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Ed Edd and Eddy is Cartoon Network iAMfromHuntersBar, it use to be my favorite show
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 09:05 AM
    I'm more of a Jay Jay the Jet Plane kind of guy. I believe that if the leaders of this world all sat down together and watched, the world would be a nicer place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s nickelodeon children show [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out what a name of a show I used to watch in the 80s as a child. It took place in a clothing store, there was a manikin involved and a talking mouse. :)

Possible Nickelodeon or Disney Tv show or movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember this show from the early to mid 90's where this world is low tech sort of but there are people that have suits that can create electric balls as a weapon, I remember is looked kind of asian. If anyone can help please let me know, I think it was a nickelodeon or disney show or mini series.

Code 33 air conditioner blows warm air [ 2 Answers ]

a/c blows warm air.. I checked and replaced my filters and vents(as best I could).is there another way or better yet. Can someone pont me in the right direction for other things to check... the blower and everything else appears to be working fine. The wheel spins.. Any help or guidance would be...

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search