Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 04:43 AM
    what's it worth
    I have a gold herring bone braclet that I've had for about 20 years, and not real sure of its quality or worth. The only marking I have found is an S stamped in the metal on ends where the clasps are. Can anyone tell me what the S stands for and what is its possible worth/value for the bracelet... kat
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Try at a trusted jeweller and have an appraisal.

Hopefully someone else will come along and give you some information on what the S stands for.
    detector75 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
    From detector75

Mostly from my research on the stamping of the S on jewelry. Represents that the item you are buying if, its silver is real sterling silver or made in the USA and its not a reproduced, fake or cheap replica.

And, it maybe illegal or have been copyrighted. Sometimes if, not branded is stamped on a coin or jewelry piece means it's a fake. Less value!

To find good beautiful fine not fake jewelry of rings, necklaces, pendant with offer of a FREE! Jewelry piece per order at deep discount prices. Fine Jewelry, Watches & Accessories | ShopDI.com
    Diamonds International and the company is a Better Business Bureau member
    and you can do more research on the company plus, visiting your local jeweler
    for more information on the stamping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's my old school stuff worth? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm just wondering how much some of my video game junk is worth, all right well there like all old school game stuff, please plug in the price that each of the items that you know is worth about- *how much is my n64 worth with no box but works excellent? -how much are the following...

Am I worth it? [ 7 Answers ]

This is dumb, but I just broke up with my boyfriend... yesterday and I'm sure I should just wait it out till I don't feel this way anymore, but am I worth it? Am I pretty at all? Will I every find a mature guy that really wants a relationship with me?

Self-worth - what do you do to take care of your self-worth? [ 21 Answers ]

I think we are all so great to take care of others, however how can we learn to take care of ourselves more? What things can one do to take care of their own self-worth, self-respect, etc.

What's his and what's mine. [ 13 Answers ]

I have been a stay at home mom for 4 1\2 years, and I just reciently started a new career. I am seriously thinking about leaving my husband. We have three kids, a house, a car, and other debts. I am not spitefull, or mean, and I'm not a babymama drama kind of person. How do you go about what is...

Is it Worth Anything [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone tell me if a picture I took with the former celebrity Shirley Hemphill of What's Happening (whose now deceased) worth any money? I took it in 1995 while in Waegan Korea.

View more questions Search