Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jvelikis Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 11:02 PM
    Purpose of bunge-like rubber cords worn by college and NFL players
    Does anyone know the purpose of the "bunge cord-like" bands that college and nfl players wear mostly on their arms, most are just above the elbow. They are not sweat bands, they are a rubber-like substance. There is no advertising, they are round and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diamater, so no advertising is on them. I assume they are training or health issue related... but what is their purpose?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jvelikis
    Does anyone know the purpose of the "bunge cord-like" bands that college and nfl players wear mostly on their arms. They are not sweat bands, they are a rubber-like substance. There is no advertising, they are round and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diamater, so no advertising is on them. I assume they are training or health issue related...but what?
    I believe they are like mini-braces or an accu-pressure bands.
    jvelikis Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    I believe they are like mini-braces or an accu-pressure bands.
    I don't believe that's it. Accu-pressure bands are usually flat and close with velcro. These are rope-like and made of rubber, elastic or something similar. I don't think they're a brace either, too flexible.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Sep 28, 2007, 08:18 AM
    I believe, they are meant for players with tendinitis, it constricts some of the unnecessary movement and indirectly reduces swelling and pain

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arm bands that I see nfl nba and college athletes wear [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know the real reason that nfl players and others wear those bands on their arms and even lower legs.

Nba or nfl? [ 1 Answers ]

36 Have been accused of spousal abuse 7 Have been arrested for fraud

Nfl gear [ 1 Answers ]

On TV, I see a band around some of the players arms, they are like elastic bands, what are these bands? What r they used for?

View more questions Search