Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MzVal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 06:10 PM
    How Do I Communicate With my Boyfriend?
    I've Been With My Boyfriend 4 Two Years N We Are In Love... :) But Of Course Lately We've Been Having Some Problems And Im Worried He'll Leave. He Says I Don't Communicate With Him... If We Are On The Phone Or Something I Never Have Anything To Say... he Says He Feels Like He's The Woman Because He Talks A Lot More Than. I Don't Know What To Do!! Im Just The Type Of Person That Usually Does Not Have Anything To Say Other Than "how Was Your Day?"
    How Do I Change That?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 06:14 PM
    I know how you feel. Phone conversation is not my favorite, especially when my husband calls me for no reason and just sits there silent.

Find things to talk about. Ask him about work (if he's working), ask him what you guys should do during the weekend, etc. Just find something to talk about, that's what I have to do or my hubby says "why arent you talking."
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 06:41 PM
    In any case when the conversation is not going anywhere you can always ask the other person something about themselves or about something they like. People always like to talk about themselves and if you ask about something they like it make you look like you are interested in what they like. If these son't work and you are talking to a member of the opposite sex you can always flirt, especially if you act like you like it.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 11:21 PM
    You could also talk about something you read or saw on television, or something more personal, how you were feeling that day. Happy, sad. Did your boss say something that made you feel bad? Like that.

But I'm wondering if your boyfriend asks you about yourself or makes you feel like he really wants to listen. I noticed the other day when I went over to some friends' house that I always talk a lot when I'm over there because they make me feel interesting! I've never known anyone as nice as they are. Other people can sometimes make me feel dull or dumb, and I tend to get quieter with them. So the other person can draw you out and make you want to talk, or not. I'm not saying it's all his fault, but I'm wondering why he's criticizing you about this instead of helping you talk. He could be asking you questions or acting interested and excited when you DO talk. It sounds like there might be other problems in your relationship besides just this one thing... Is that possible?
    Just Asking
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 27, 2007, 11:36 PM
    Im the same way and so is my boyfriend so sometimes its just complete silence... I go up to him at school to talk to him and I feel like an idiot because I don't have anything to say and he doesn't either so I just kind of stand their. Other times we talk a lot when we can come up with a subject we are both interested in... that's what I think you should do is ask about something he's interested in and go from their talking about it... that way you can talk and it will be something he's interested in and so he won't get bored.. Also if you can try to pick a topic your both interested in
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Sep 27, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I know how you feel. Phone conversation is not my favorite, especially when my husband calls me for no reason and just sits there silent.

Find things to talk about. Ask him about work (if he's working), ask him what you guys should do during the weekend, etc. Just find something to talk about, thats what I have to do or my hubby says "why arent you talking."

I agree. All of the above are great answers. Ask him simple questions, because simple questions can lead to an arrae of long conversations.
    :)
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 27, 2007, 11:46 PM
    I sometimes ask my boyfriend questions I know the answer to just to start a conversation... like is today Friday, or do we have homework, things like that... And it almost seems like he has to do the same... what is really bad is when we have to go a week without talking and he calls and neither of us says anything. So we talk about how we aren't talking sometimes... just try to talk to him about anything. I'm sure he'll listen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I communicate? [ 14 Answers ]

I bought a house two years ago and I have a spirit haunting me. What is the best way to communicate with it to see what it wants?

Need to communicate with wife during r/o [ 2 Answers ]

I love my daughter and believe it or not, I still love my wife more that ever. I feel that because she cheated on me twice during our marriage that she feels that I won't take her back. Because of the restraining order, I can't contact her to let her know how feel. Is there any way for me to...

How can I teach him to communicate? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for just under 2 years. I really love this guy and have thoroughly enjoyed being with him... however, a problem that comes up periodically is that he seems to lack the ability to communicate about tough topics. We can chat and laugh about the normal things all day...

Can't communicate [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I wrote recently about someone I have been seeing for the past 4 months but that we both live apart in different countries. Most people replied that I should just be patient and let the guy take he lead which I am doing. However another difficulty has occurred in that I am finding...

View more questions Search