Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    breams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
    My husand set up an automatic transfer from his business account. He will not tell me who he is sending the money to. I have his business account number and the account number that the money is being transferred to, but no name. How do I find out the name of the person that the money is being sent to
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 27, 2007, 05:53 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's thread that tends to cause confusion. Especially when your question has nothing to do with the thread. So your question has been moved to its own thread.

You probably don't. There are privacy laws about this.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Scott is right - the privacy laws are there to protect people and to ensure their personal information is kept confidential. If your husband does not tell you, you have more problems than just wondering about the account.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2007, 06:08 PM
    If you are not on the business account, there is little you can do if you are not part owner of the business, Of course if he will not tell then it is not something good.
    Hoshi655 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by breams
    My husand set up an automatic transfer from his business account. He will not tell me who he is sending the money to. I have his business account number and the account number that the money is being transferred to, but no name. How do I find out the name of the person that the money is being sent to
    If your name isn't on the account or business you're SOL.

Honestly, I kept my bank accounts hidden from a former spouse because 1) HE was up to no good and had a bad spending habit. There was no other way for me to funnel money to save for an emergency. 2) I used the money I saved to bankroll the divorce...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Account [ 4 Answers ]

Can I get a bank account after the bankruptcy has been granted?

Old Bank Account [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend is being audited by IRS. He needs to locate an old bank account that he had when married. Wife has moved out of state and he does not know how to locate her to find out name of bank in year2000. Is there a way to find out information maybe with your social security number.

Bank Account Judgement [ 10 Answers ]

Last week I discovered that my bank account was 0. I called my bank and they explained that I had a legal judgement against my account for debt collection. I have an appointment with an attorney later this week but cannot cash my paycheck at my bank as they will force deposit it into my account to...

SSI and bank account [ 1 Answers ]

I have had an excellent credit rating all my life but at age 48, I am now on SSI disability and am worried I may not be able to keep paying on my $10,000 credit card debt. Knowing from reading other questions here, creditors cannot touch SSI but can go after a bank account after SSI sends a...

View more questions Search