Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tom108 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Luxpro thermostat to hunter 44260
    OK I have looked everywhere and crossed reference as many charts as I can but I still can not seem to find a definite wiring diagram for this.

My old Luxpro wiring goes like this and it makes sense.

RED WIRE connected to R
    GREEN WIRE connected to G
    ORANGE WIRE connected to O
    WHITE WIRE connected to W2
    YELLOW WIRE connected to Y

However the Hunter Model 44260 has the following codes on the back

G
    Rc
    Rh
    Y/O
    W/B
    Y1

I can not for the life of me figure out how to wire this. Any help would be great. I looked at the sticky to try and cross reference but had no luck.

Thanks,
    -Tom
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 04:46 PM
    The Hunter is a single stage heat and your old one is a two stage heat, you need a two stage heat pump thermostat. Mike
    tom108 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by acetc
    The Hunter is a single stage heat and your old one is a two stage heat, you need a two stage heat pump thermostat. Mike

Thanks Mike!
    Back to Lowe's I guess. ;)
    lloydb82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 06:30 AM
    http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/pdf-misc/603274.pdf

Two stage heating
    Look on the back of the hunter thermostat and you will see a switch that will say std or HP. Switch it to STD. all should work well now
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 05:34 PM
    While you are at Lowe's,, get you a good tstat ,most anything besides a Hunter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a Nordyne Thermostat for a Hunter 44260 Wiring! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having issues, I want to replace my old thermostat for this digital one however, I'm not sure on the wiring. On the Nordyn I had, Y G R O

Hunter thermostat wirirng [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to change my old Honeywell thermostat (which looks like T8400C) for programmable Hunter (model 44155C). Old one was connected to Hail Quiet Comfort II two stage gas furnace (on the second floor) and air conditioner (outside of the house). It has 6 wires connected to Honeywell: G (green),...

Need Help with Hunter Thermostat Please [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Payne PF1MNC hvac, and just replaced my White Rodgers thermostat (It wasn't blowing hot air or kicking in in Auto mode) with a Hunter 44155C. There were 4 wires attached: G to G R to Rh (with jumper) Y to Y1 W to W And an unattached B I attached them the same to the Hunter:

Rheem to Hunter Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Currently, I'm trying to replace an old rheem thermostat with a hunter Model 44155C. The wiring colors are confusing to a novice like me. There are five wires: red, green, blue, yellow and white. The hunter thermostat has connections for RH, RC, G, Y/O, W/B, and Y1. The only two wires that I...

View more questions Search