Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noreenh70 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2005, 10:22 AM
    Need Help/Info on Kitten Just Spayed...
    undefinedundefined

I am really worried and thought I would join here and see if someone could answer my question. I have an 7 month old female kitten I had spayed Thursday. It is now Satuday and shehas not had anything to eat or drink since 8pm Wednesday. I'm really worried. She had been moaning and wailing the first and part of the second day. She gets up every so often walks to the kitchen and lies down... but that's it. I've offered her water, food.. she just turns her head. I'm really worried. I called the vet yesterday they said it's normal but another day has passed and she still is not drinking or eating.
    Any suggestions or just tel lme I'm a nut to worry..
    Help?
    becky92029 Posts: 104, Reputation: 3

Oct 8, 2005, 12:06 PM
    Three days without water?! Don't know about cats, but dogs would be in trouble after this long. Can't you get her to an emergency vet?

Oct 8, 2005, 01:25 PM
    I'll dfinitely look into an emergency number or animal hospital then. Thank you!

Oct 8, 2005, 01:45 PM
    I'm relieved to hear this, thanks. I'll be looking forward to hearing how she is doing after seeing a vet. Please don't wait as dehydration sets in after this long if not 2 days ago. I take my dogs in after 24 hours of any signs of trouble, if not sooner. It's possible that I over-react, but at least I don't lose animals.

Oct 10, 2005, 01:32 PM
    Update
    Well I called the animal hospital Sunday and they told me get a dropper and start forcing water in. I did that and it ended up coming up later that night. Today I finally got hold of her vet. I am now forcing babyfood feedings! The kitten is NOT a happy camper. Neither am I for that matter. Tomorrow the vet is open after the long weekend. She will be there when they open. I've had it and so had my poor kitten...
    Thanks for your help!

Oct 19, 2005, 01:44 PM
    Just as a final update on the spayed kitten
    After water droppers, then baby food, I finally got the vet on the day after the holiday and he had to give her a shot... antibiotics, anti nausea pills and some gel which I was to feed her every hour 20 times a day!! She obviously had an infection. It took several days but finally she perked up and went to eating on her own. Today she is back to her old self climbing and driving everyone nuts! I'm really happy now but it was a scarey few days.

Thanks

Oct 19, 2005, 02:10 PM
    noreenh70,

What wonderful news! Thanks so much for letting me know! :)

Becky,
    Kitty lover who can't have them due to Dachshundzz.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some info [ 3 Answers ]

Hello; What website , can I go 2 , for senior citizens . Thank you Joseph21

Neutering/spayed after pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

When can a pregnant cat be fixed

Is this because she is not spayed? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: hi, this is a great forum, and that is why I want to ask for any advice to my dog's behavior. She is a 6 year old ****zu, she is totally unfriendly with people ( not with dogs).She was like that since she was 2 years old, but it got worst. Every time, I have visitors, she keeps barking...

Incision Infection in Spayed Dog [ 1 Answers ]

My doxie-terrier pups were spade on Monday and have for the most part been recovering normally. Abby pulled out a couple of stitches Tuesday night, but the vet didn't seem overly concerned about it and assured us that her incision would heal normally. He also gave us Elizabethan collars for both...

Recently spayed dog barely eating.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 5 year old dog (pic below) which was spayed almost 6 days ago. She barely drinks or eats anything at all. She just nibbles a few small bites of food and then just leaves it. The dog had a very healthy appetite before this... eating about (2) 16oz cans of food, and a bowl of dry...

View more questions Search