Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DASEXYTRINIGURL Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Wegener's theory of continental drift.
    Explain wegener's theory of continental drift. What was the main problem with his theory
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Read this about homework help : https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...board-b-u.html
    Helge Aspevik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DASEXYTRINIGURL View Post
    explain wegener's theory of continental drift. what was the main problem with his theory
    There is a problem that really is a problem too and that is that Wegener cut out rocks that should have been there. Without that this was done, he would not get land to hang together the way he had imagined. Here is a little video about this:

YouTube - Therefore Wegener`s Theory is wrong
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Oct 26, 2009, 04:12 PM

One should keep in mind that it took until the 1960s before the theory was pretty much accepted. It is not like it was taken as "gold" in 1912 and not scrutinized. The fact is, while tectonic theory may not be perfect, it seems to solve way more problems than it presents... probably indicating that it is not wrong overall, but may be incomplete... or perhaps the geological information is incomplete. Time will tell... or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daimler Company v Continental Tyre [1916] 2 AC 307 [ 6 Answers ]

I am having a problem understanding the case and its relation to piercing the corporate veil. Can I get an explanation please Thank u Shannypooh

Flying within the continental US? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going on a family vacation and I'm driving to Seattle then flying out of Seattle to Disneyland. Will I need a passports when I cross the border? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jen

Mountain chains that border great mid-continental basin [ 1 Answers ]

What are the two major mountain chains that border the great mid-continental basin drained by the Mississippi River system?

Bohr theory vs modern theory [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain the differences between the bohr and the modern atomic theories in the description of the electron Thanks :p

View more questions Search