Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Specific test for safety switches on riding mower
    Hi: I have a Yard Machine riding mower that has been giving me all sorts of grief and I am now down to having, specifically to test the safety switches. Is there a simple test that
    Someone could explain in words of one syllable or less? I am not terribly mechanically inclined. Thanks for your help!:confused:
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Do you own an ohmeter? And do you know how to use it?
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 07:50 PM
    No and no!!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Well, it will be more difficult then. But you can go to wal-mart and purchase one for probably less than $10.00, then set it on rx setting, red lead in positive, black lead in com, or negative. Touch the two ends together, if you get a reading that sends the needle to the right all the way, you have the meter set correctly for continuity. To test the switch itself, disconnect the plug or wires, place the red lead in one side, and the black lead in the other. Then depress the safety switch plunger, if the switch itself is workable, it will send the meter needle to the right all the way each time you depress the plunger. If you purchase an electronic digital read out meter, it should read 0.00 when you have continuity. If you have continuity, the switch itself is o.k.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safety switches on riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

How and where do you locate the safety switches on a Power Kraft riding mower?

Where are safety switches on lawn tractor? [ 3 Answers ]

Have seen numerous replies saying to check safety switches on riding mowers if they won't start. Where would mine be on Weedeater Lawn Tractor Model HD12538D. And HOW to check each one?Thank you!

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

Safety Switches on MTD Lawn Tractor [ 6 Answers ]

I have a model 13Bi675H062 Lawn Tractor. It will not start and I have been told that the solenoid needs replacing. I purchased one today. Yesterday someone got it to crank by jumping it on the solenoid that is in it but when I put it in gear to go forward, it would not stay cranked. The...

View more questions Search