Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabriele Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 11:09 AM
    decorating my lounge
    Can anyone help me - my lounge is 18ft X 10ft it has a fitted carpet in teal colour - what colour should I paint the walls - also I would like a feature wall - what colour should the suite and curtains be??
    adevine49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 05:33 PM

Hi Gabriel
    It all depends if you're looking for a fun/funky look or sophisticated.
    Purple works well with teal - choose the same intensity in color or slightly darker for a nice contrast. If you don't want to paint all the walls purple, use it in the center of the feature wall. You can put up painters tape to create a thick and thin stripe on the outer edges in white - really set it off. If you paint the walls the same shade as the carpet, they will recede and the feature wall will really pop.
    Hang a dramatic piece of art with a spotlight on it.
    Furniture can be stark white or be bold and get some coral color pieces; a black couch and table will anchor the seating area. Can't go wrong with moulding and accessories in white.
    If you want to play around with colors, check out the color wheel: http://www.realcolorwheel.com/colorw..._Wheel_475.jpg (rule of thumb is go for the opposite side of the wheel) and check out the Better Homes and Garden site to see how colors would look in the room: http://www.bhg.com/app/coloraroom/member/index.jsp
    Have fun!
    adevine49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 05:44 PM

Forgot the drapes! If you want to let the light in, purple sheers will give you color without being too heavy. If you're looking for privacy, try roman shades. If the windows are architecturally pleasing, try a cling transparancy - they're really nice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interior decorating [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of some good sites to find ideas on decorating a bedroom with the beach theme? Or on winery kitchen themed ideas? Thanks.

The Lounge 2 [ 674 Answers ]

This is the continuation of https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/member-discussions/lounge-29979.html.

Kitchen paint decorating [ 2 Answers ]

We're refacing cabinets with Doormark wild apple (brownish-red cherry) cabinets. We have light oak floor & bordeaux granite (darkish - brown/red/black) countertops. What paint color is suggested between cabinets and countertop? We also have an island with picture-framed sides to be painted. ...

The Original Lounge [ 1624 Answers ]

Well, folks, I thought I would start a thread that has absolutely NO subject. So, welcome to The Lounge. A great place to chit-chat about everything and nothing. No matter what you want to say here will be off-topic. The menu: Coffee (Val I made it just for you) Kool-aid for Tal I have...

View more questions Search