Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marinemom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Poops bad
    I have a 58 day old Shih tzu, he is having a problem pooping , he goes just it seems like he is not done. At times blood come at the end of his job. Took him to the vet and he was OK at check up . Does anyone know what it could be.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 11:35 AM
    He is not OK if there is blood in his stools. Either insist on better answers from your vet or try another one.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 12:12 PM
    I agree completely with labman. Your dog may have worms, intestinal parasites, or have ingested something that is either creating a partial blockage or has perforated his bowels. If there is blood in the poop, it can be anything that is causing it, but you need to understand that this is not normal. Neither is the straining to poop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mushy poops/update [ 17 Answers ]

Help,I have a nine year old shepherd his food was recalled . For about three weeks had problems with runny stool. The brand of food is back on the shelf (no danger) but since back on his food recurring bowel problems. Shouls I change food?? Has been to the vet no parasites and all blood work OK!!...

My puppy poops out of spite [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 19 week old Shih-Poo and she poops on my bedroom carpet every single morning! I have trained her to go potty on her pads. She has 1 in the master bathroom and one in the kitchen. Every morning when my alarm goes off, I find poop on the carpet! I don't get why she's doing it. She...

My puppy poops in his crate [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a nine week old puppy (we just got him 1 week ago) and he is a perfect little puppy, except when we put him in his crate he cries and whines, which we expect... but, then he will poop and then walk in it and make a mess. We have tried leaving the radio/tv on, making the crate...

Dashie poops on bed [ 2 Answers ]

I have two dashies.aged 2 and 1. Both are housebroken and we rarely have accidents. BUT if I leave my bedroom open my youngest will poop on the bed! Without fail (its a futon by the way 4cm off the floor). Nowhere else does this ever happen. And (I know its bad but... ) they sleep with me as hubby...

My Puppy Poops inside! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 4 1/2 month old Doberman Pinscher... I have had him since he turned 3 months. I know it is not a long time but, he used to be pretty good at going potty outside. He would both pee and poo outside. Within the last week though it seems like he goes outside... goes pee... and then comes...

View more questions Search