Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unhappyinpark Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Want to sell manufactured home in a park
    Hi,

We moved into our manufactured home just over 8 years ago. The loan is a co-ownership with my husband's grandfather. The way the loan is set up is a 20 year loan, paid bi-weekly, we were told that paying bi-weekly would pay off the home in 14 years rather than the full 20. The house was a perfect fit for us 8 years ago, when we had only 2 children. Now we have 4 children of our own and full guardianship of my 14 year old sister, and we are packed in like sardines! Our credit is not great, we've already been told of some things that we need to fix in order to get qualified to buy a house.

My problem is selling the house we are in now. It is a 1993 double wide on a fairly decent sized lot. There are definitely improvements that need to be made on the house, which we are slowly but surely working on. 2 years ago we converted the dining room into a bedroom for my 10 year old son when my sister moved in. I don't know if we're going to need to take down the wall from that to put it back to the original way it was or not. I have no problem doing that. I'm also not real worried about making any money at all off the house, just want our loan paid off, we can't just abandon it and let husband's grandpa take the fall for it. I know the things we need to do IN the house to make it ready for sale. Houses in this park do not seem to be selling, unless the park management sells them, in which case, the park normally comes into abandoned houses and paints, and replaces all the carpet and offers them special deals. I am not interested in listing the house through the park, as they charge 15% on the sale of the house.

If more details are needed, I can provide them, just let me know. Just wanting to know if any ideas of what we should do and how we can/should do it. Thank you very much!
    unhappyinpark Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unhappyinpark
    Hi,

We moved into our manufactured home just over 8 years ago. The loan is a co-ownership with my husband's grandfather. The way the loan is set up is a 20 year loan, paid bi-weekly, we were told that paying bi-weekly would pay off the home in 14 years rather than the full 20. The house was a perfect fit for us 8 years ago, when we had only 2 children. Now we have 4 children of our own and full guardianship of my 14 year old sister, and we are packed in like sardines! Our credit is not great, we've already been told of some things that we need to fix in order to get qualified to buy a house.

My problem is selling the house we are in now. It is a 1993 double wide on a fairly decent sized lot. There are definitely improvements that need to be made on the house, which we are slowly but surely working on. 2 years ago we converted the dining room into a bedroom for my 10 year old son when my sister moved in. I don't know if we're going to need to take down the wall from that to put it back to the original way it was or not. I have no problem doing that. I'm also not real worried about making any money at all off of the house, just want our loan paid off, we can't just abandon it and let husband's grandpa take the fall for it. I know the things we need to do IN the house to make it ready for sale. Houses in this park do not seem to be selling, unless the park management sells them, in which case, the park normally comes into abandoned houses and paints, and replaces all the carpet and offers them special deals. I am not interested in listing the house through the park, as they charge 15% on the sale of the house.

If more details are needed, I can provide them, just let me know. Just wanting to know if any ideas of what we should do and how we can/should do it. Thank you very much!
    No help?? :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manufactured home title [ 23 Answers ]

My mortgage company states they do not have a title for my manufactured home and neither do I. The NCDOT states that a title was never filed with them. The place where I bought my home is no longer in business. I am wanting to sell my home but can't without a title. What are my options?

Manufactured home [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a neighborhood where houses go for between$700,000 -$1,000,000+ range in the Bay Area.Would there be something wrong with having a pre-fab house built on my lot?Would it diminish the value of the house vs. a traditional constructed house?I need to tear down my house in the future and...

Repossession of Manufactured Home [ 4 Answers ]

I co-signed for someone to purchase a MH. Long story short-The lending company (Green Tree) called me. The person in the MH is 3 months behind and they wanted me to pay the amount. I told them(GreenTree) that if the payments aren't being paid then go get the MH. The rep from Green Tree then told me...

Manufactured home in my [ 6 Answers ]

We own a 1999 Skyline Woodfield home, we purchased it new in 1999. We are the sole owners, and have been trying for years to sell it, move it... rent it! NO LUCK-- We found land last year, and tried getting it moved to land ( it is land ready) No bank will finance it saying it won't appraise...

Manufactured home default law before repossesion [ 7 Answers ]

I just have a question about the law that surrounds manufactured homes (mh). Our mh loan is due on the 1st, we are generally always late, usually paid on 12th or later. We never not pay, we pay. The company that our loan is through has a guy who is completely rude. He considers it 30 days late...

View more questions Search