Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixerupper Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2005, 05:47 PM
    Copper drips at soldered joints
    I just had the copper in my kitchen replaced by a plumber. I have been working in the kitchen... getting it ready to have the cabinets installed. I have noticed some joints drip a little bit from the soldered joints. I notice the drops on the concrete. When I touch it to check it, the drips seem like oil texture. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

I'm kind of in a rut at this point because if it ends up being a leak, I have to get the plumber out here to fix it as soon as I can... the carpenter comes on Monday to start the cabinets. Any advice or insight really would help.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2005, 08:22 PM
    Take some paper towels and carefully wipe everything clean and dry. The oiliness is from using flux, which is part of doing the job right. If water drops reform, call the guy back. Must be the son or grandson of the guy that did my house in 1970. It is much easier to do the job right in the first place than fix it later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ball joints [ 3 Answers ]

What would an estimated cost of replacing lower ball joints on my 1998 Ford F150? I called a fairly reliable repair shop this morning and they gave me an estimate of approximately $365. This would include labor and the alignment. I looked at NAPA online and found the lower ball joints at a...

Replacing sink chrome soldered gate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, has anyone had to change a sink gate that was soldered into a wall and had to turn the compression fit. Out of the way of a pop-up rod after changing the sink. The chrome pipe can't be heated enough to unsweat it from the copper feed.

Cold Drips in the tub [ 1 Answers ]

My bathtub's cold water facets drips out if the knob handle when the water is running. No prob when the facet is turn off... What needs healing? Is it fatal? Should I call P-911 or are we talking plumbing 101? Thanks in advance...

Leaking drain joints [ 13 Answers ]

I have installed a new kitchen sink, but the slip joints (brass) of the drain pipe leak, even though they have rubber gaskets and I have tightened them with a wrench. I did not use any sealing compound (pipe thread compound). Should I, or are the slip joints designed to function without such a...

Forgot To Prime Joints [ 1 Answers ]

I remembered to prime my pvc pipe, yet forgot to prime just one of the elbows. Am I in danger of a leaky pipe now? Thank you in advance

View more questions Search